Sunday, December 23, 2007

Quote of the Day

Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.

-- Author Unknown --


My spiritual beliefs are that this is not true. Pain is not inevitable... nothing is unless we believe that it is. "It is done unto you as you believe" is a statement I've heard many times over the years, and I have finally come to understand it at a deeper level. However, as humans we do tend to believe that pain is an inevitable part of life, so until we find a way to change our beliefs on this matter, it is done unto us as we believe. So, for now, pain is inevitable for most of us. That does not mean we have to suffer. That is where choice and attitude come into play. At this time, my body hurts all day every day... but I refuse to be a victim, I refuse to 'suffer'. I choose to live my life in joy and happiness, in fulfillment, rather than in suffering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great . i love the quote.

Anonymous said...

The quote is wonderful.
you express your idea very clearly also. thanks for posting