Friday, September 21, 2007

Prosperity and the Changing Dollar


It is now after midnight, but for me it is still Thursday, September 20th as I have not yet gone to bed.

Today, for the first time in 30 years, the Canadian Dollar hit par with the United States Dollar. In fact, at one point, the CND was even a wee bit higher than the USD... but not much and not for long. It was $1.0008. It closed at 99.87 cents, so that is pretty darn close to the same. I remember when the CND was worth a fair bit more than the USD, then things changed. At one point we hit an all time low of 6o some cents... yup, the CND was only worth 60 some cents.

It sounds to me and to many others like this is a wonderful thing. However, some are seeing it as a bad thing for our economy. One of these is the wood (lumber) industry in Canada. I admit that I don't know much about any of this, so won't try to tell you how or why any of it happens. I just wanted to mark this big occasion, this huge mile stone, here on my blog. Back when I was about 21 and the CND dollar dropped so badly in value I didn't have a blog to post it on... this time I do. Haha.

I wish you all abundant prosperity!!

No comments: