Thursday, August 30, 2007

Interior Provincial Exhibition 2007

Well, I went to the Fair today. Not for long, not anywhere near as long as I would like, but I got there for long enough to check out my exhibits. My Damson Plum Jam took 3rd place while none of my photos even placed. Not as good as the Salmon Arm fair last year, but oh well, such is life. I haven't a clue how they do the judging to tell the truth. There are some very nice photos there that, like mine, didn't place, while there are some that took the prizes that were not, in my opinion, as nice as many of the others. I've always heard/read about the rule of thirds in photography, you never are supposed to put the thing you are photographing dead center in the photo. That is considered poor composition. At least one of the winners was dead center, and not a particularly interesting photo over all. It's all good though, as I don't need to win to maintain a good sense of self esteem.

I want to get back there and further check out the guy I met who runs a food booth just outside the hall where my exhibits are.... hahaha.

No comments: