Thursday, June 28, 2007

TAGGED!

I was tagged several days ago by Kai at The Buzz Queen. Finally I am getting it done.


INSTRUCTIONS:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

1. Holly's Corner
2. Daddy Forever
3. The Ice Box
4. The Buzz Queen
5. I Was Born2Cree8

Next select five people to tag:

1. Skittles
2. Travs Thoughts
3. A Bit Of Me
4. Crazy Working Mom
5. Dragonhearts Domain


Then answer the following questions:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

10 years ago…. Hard to remember yesterday, haha. In 1997 I was selling mobile homes for Lakeland Mobile Home Sales. I also spent several nights at my parents home looking after my Dad so my Mom could get some rest. Was hard to work all day, look after Dad all night, then work all day again, but I don’t regret it and am happy I was able to do it. That summer, my first day on the new job, my bridge broke so I had no front teeth, then another tooth broke and I decided to have all the top ones out, so then I was without any top teeth for several weeks. Then I got a top plate that never stopped hurting. I know there was a lot of things happening that year, but at 1:09am I can’t think of them, lol.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Hmmmm... well, I think it was May when I joined the Board of Trustees at the Okanagan Centre For Positive Living and became the Treasurer. Not long after that I was asked to be the Song Leader, and said yes. So I guess at this time a year ago I was up to my ears learning to do these jobs and trying to catch up the treasury that had been abandoned months earlier by the former Treasurer. I didn't have this blog yet, but did have others which I just checked back with to see what else I was up to then. I was still very involved with a spinners & weavers group ~ my old blog Born2cree8, June 2006 Archives. Growing Greater June 2006 Archives, shows I was also trying to pretty up my yard. I eventually gave up on it again. Oh ya... and of course, I was blogging!



Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Mixed nuts
2. Apples
3. Kellogg’s Cereal bars
4. Peanuts in the shell
5. Anything chocolate

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

There are no songs I know all the words to, so I will tell you 5 of the songs I sing in church:

1. Lord Of The Dance (I'll be singing this Sunday July 1 as "Special Music" rather than a congregation song. On the choruses and some of the verses, I will be joined by my friend Bev. The plan was that, with 7 verses to sing, we'd each solo 3 and duo the choruses and last verse. Bev's voice is very soft, so she needs a mic which we don't have, so we decided that she would be more comfortable (her first time doing this) if she had someone sing with her. so I get to sing out my loud voice on my solo verses, then sing softly with Bev on her verses and the choruses, and the last verse. Hannah will play the piano, Bev is tapping sticks, and I am wearing a special set of bells that buckle onto the ankle and I move my leg in time with the music to make them tinkle. It should all sound great.
2. Hymn of Promise. I sang this as a solo, now it is a congregational song we sing. It's a beautiful song.
3. Sing About Sunshine. A Congregational song.
4. Magic Penny. Another one I sang solo first and is now sung by everyone.
5. We Are One Family. And again... solo then the who group.



Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1. Invest all of the first $1M, if there was $2M I’d invest $1.5M and the rest would be accessible for my use. (Live comfortably off the interest of invested money for the rest of my life and my heirs would have a great windfall when I go)
2. 10% minimum I would choose to give to my church
3. Buy a farm, horses, other critters, and have “hired help” to do the work while I have fun (Okay, so this would be part of the investment)
4. Hire a maid/cook (maybe the spouse of the hired help mentioned in #3)
5. Travel travel travel!

Five bad habits:

1. Not doing my house work
2. Drinking pop (soda... soft drinks)
3. Staying up half the night
4. Sleeping in late
5. Too much time on the computer

Five things you like doing:

1. Laughing
2. Driving
3. Riding horses
4. Blogging
5. Reading

Five things you would never wear again:

1. Mini Skirt
2. Tight jeans (unless & until I get my body back in the shape I want it)
3. A bikini (unless & until I get my body back in the shape I want it)
4. Platform shoes
5. Wooden shoes (yes, the Dutch wooden shoes, and nope, I'm not Dutch, but I was a "hippy")

Five favorite toys:

1. Truck (well, not sure it's a toy, but I sure like it)
2. Digital camera (with a 10x optical zoom)
3. MP3 player... if only I could find the darn thing
4. Computer
5. TVs (I have 3 of them now... and all were free. Gotta love that.)

9 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I've seen this meme. I'll work on it over the weekend.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on this one Alice! But I must be honest - all I can think of is last summer when hubby's Grandma broke her tooth on a raw carrot. It was a fake one and fell out completely. She was horrified, but of course (loving family that we are) we all did our best to make her laugh so we could see the gaping hole! hehe

Anonymous said...

Just a note "hello" -- did see your comment at Claire's blog and hope that all goes well for you.

Tried to leave a comment for you yesterday, but my computer was acting up.

Take good care!

--Wildside

Crazy Working Mom said...

Okie dokie! I'll get around to it eventually. ;)

Thanks for the tag.

Barb said...

Mine is up! I said travel, too, somewhere! I didn't know you like horses!

Shaz said...

Excellent answers. It appears non of us have the legs for mini skirts any more x x

clairesgarden said...

if you're winning the lottery and buying all those 'critters' are you looking for a 'natural horsemanship' groom to play with your horses? I could be persuaded to move!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great answers! I enjoyed reading them. Thanks for the tag! I finally got around to answering the questions. :)

Anonymous said...

Thx actually helped me wonder about some stuff