Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sometimes I Don't Know What The Title Should Be

I had to get new glasses. Two years ago I got new ones, with scratch proof coating, etc., etc. They had a guarantee that if they scratched in 2 years they would be replace for 10% the cost of the lenses, and if the frame broke it would be replaced for 20% of its cost. My lenses were quite scratched even though I was very careful with them, so they had to be replaced. The frames were find, but Pearl Vision didn't have any more of these discontinued frames, and I couldn't send mine away to their lab for 2 weeks, so I had to get new frames. I got them for the 20% plus the difference between the cost of my old ones and these new ones. I am not happy that I had to put out $100 for new glasses, but what can you do. I preferred the old frame on me. They don't look much different, as you can see, but the new ones are a heavier looking frame. They "stand out" more than the old ones did. Oh well, life happens. In the picture, the top ones are the old, and the bottom the new.... complete with shadows.



If you remember (or go to My Yard) the pictures of my yard that I posted recently you will see how much snow has melted away. I'm very happy about that. It is muddy here now and will be for awhile, but it won't be all that long until it's dried up.

The other day I bought 2 packages seeds:
Butternut Squash
Buttercup Squash
Well, today I was at Wally World (Wal Mart) getting thread to finish off the table runner I wove for my brother, and I bought more seeds:
Lemon Balm (herb)
Peas - Lincoln Homesteader
Sunflower - Autumn Beauty
Sunflower - Paquito (dwarf)
Nasturtium - Tall Climbing Mix
Spinach - Long Standing Bloomsdale

I just hope this year some of them will survive. Last year was a disaster!

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

it does look muddy! hope it all dries up, it looks so beautiful when its clean white snow.
I see the seed buying frenzy has started to hit, thats the melting snow that does that! good luck with your growing!!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Claire. The funny thing is, today it's snowing like crazy out there, almost as if it's trying to replace all the snow that has melted away. It's too warm for this new snow to last long though. The weather forecast for today is: High 5*C, Low 1*C with showers. (* = degrees)

Yes, the melting snow and the racks upon racks of seeds appearing in so many stores... soon to be followed by tons of seedling plants for sale. I must try to refrain from such purchases until I get a proper place prepared for the planting.