Saturday, January 20, 2007

Writing Prompt: In our day to day lives, we often forget. . .

In our day to day lives, we often forget. . . . . to be grateful for what we have. We often think, talk, whine about what we want or what we don’t have, what we “need” in order to keep up with the Jones’s, or for some what is needed just to survive, but we forget how important it is to focus on the wonderful things we already do have, and to be happy for those things. The more we focus on what we don’t have, the more we create a consciousness of lack and poverty, and the more lack and poverty we experience. On the other hand, the more we focus on gratitude for the things we do already have, the more we create a consciousness of abundance and prosperity, and the more abundant prosperity becomes a part of our every day lives.

When given a white sheet of paper that has one small black dot in the middle of it, what do you focus your attention on? The white sheet of paper, or the little black dot? Most of us focus on that little black dot and forget about the rest of the sheet of paper. I am working at giving my attention to the white sheet of paper… and though I must acknowledge the black dot, not focus my attention on it. I have so much to be grateful for, and many things I want, need, sure could use. I choose to focus on gratitude for what I already have.

One of the many things on my long list of gratitude is you. I am grateful for all of you and the part you each play in my life.

Namaste
Alice

Imma Learning

4 comments:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey my Canadian buddy,
Just read the tribute to Jesse James. What a nice thing to do for your Father. He must have been a special part of your life. Where is Okanagan Valley? (Yes, I know it is in British Columbia.)

Anonymous said...

I find it so empowering to spend some time each day thinking of what I have to be grateful for. It's really about changing my mindset. Wish i was one of those eternally optimistic people, but maybe they have to work at it too????

Taz


Oh by the way does anyone know what has happened to wildsides blog. I did really enjoy her words too.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Tim - Thanks for the comment. Yes, Dad was a very special part of my life. He was a wonderful man.

Guess I'll have to do a post on the Okanagan Valley... watch for it soon.

Hey Taz - good to see you. Yes, gratitude is empowering, isn't it. Focusing on what you have and being grateful for it can really change ones life for the better. I would think that, yes... even eternally optimistic people have to work on it to stay that way.

Wildside's blog is still happening. She took a break, but is back blogging again. Follow the link to her blog from the sidebar in mine.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I just tried to go to Wildside's blog... and I now see what you mean, Taz. Wildside has disappeared into thin air. I sure hope she finds her way back to us. I go pretty much every day to "visit" Wildside, and will miss her a lot if she doesn't come back.

:o(