Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Beautiful Day

The weather forecast for today, as of 11:00pm last night, was for a high of 2°C and 40% chance of wet flurries.

Can you imagine how happy I was when I woke to a clear, sunny day? When I took the recycling down to the end of my driveway just after 3:00am, I noticed the sky was clear and full of stars, but that doesn't mean it still will be clear by morning.

About 11:00am I looked outside and saw my thermometer was showing 7°C!! Snow is melting like crazy, steady drips falling from the roof. As the day has progress, it's now 1:51pm and there are lots of clouds moved in, though still lots of blue sky showing. There is a bit of wind, and with the temperature hanging steady still at 2°C, that will melt away the small amount of snow we have at this time. I don't mind that at all.

No comments: