Saturday, May 07, 2011

OUCH!!!

My friend CJ gave me Gel Nails a short while back. She was taking a course in doing them and needed people to practice on, and I was lucky to be one of them. I've really been enjoying them.... until now. Yesterday I 'lost' a nail. Not the first one, and no big deal really, CJ can put it back on for me. In the meantime, until I get time to go see her I have to wear a bandaid on it to protect it from further damage... kind of a 'bother'. Today, I was carrying a bucket of rabbit feed, just putting it away where it belongs, and I don't know how I did it, but another nail got bent and snapped the Gel. The nail is still on, but the Gel is cracked the entire width of the nail, down in the tender part and I was bleeding through that crack, so obviously tore the flesh below. OUCH!! So now, both index fingers are bandaged due to these Gel Nails!! I was just filling a water bottle a few minutes ago and OUCH!!!! I hit the end of the painful finger and it hurt at least as bad if not worse than the first time. It may even be bleeding again under the bandage for all I know. Not that it's bleeding a lot, but I might be going to loose this nail now and I don't mean the Gel Nail, but the real one!! If it bleeds under your nail from injury people often loose the nail.

No comments: