Saturday, December 11, 2010

Insurance Woes

I am sad to say that I have been having problems with my vehicle insurance company. I paid my insurance for my trike, then rode happily all summer until September 10 when I was hit by a car. One would think that I would be covered by insurance... right? Well, I was but certainly not well as it turns out. We have not yet gotten to the injury portion of it, but ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) will only give me $1500 for my trike which I just had built at a cost much higher than what they are offering. It would seem I will have to take them to court if I have any hope at all of getting enough to rebuild my trike. It turns out that what one needs to do when insuring a 'unique' vehicle like this is get it appraised, then insure it through ICBC (we have not choice in BC, we have to insure our vehicles through ICBC) AND also insure it through a private insurance company. Yup, double insurance in order to have any hopes of getting paid if in a crash.... even when it's the other persons fault. I think I'll check out Wholesaleinsurance.net and see if they insure here in my area or just in the US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so despise insurance companies. They get you coming and going if you ask me. Good luck to you my friend. I'm glad you are well and thanks for stopping by. It made my day :)