Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gifts


I like doing crafts... or at least, I always did though I've had no time to fit any in lately. I like making gifts rather than purchasing them. I think they mean so much more than purchased gifts. Hand made gifts don't cost as much as the ones we buy usually, but they take more thought, more love, care and time than it takes to go to the store and buy something. The other day I picked up a very nice rose broach that I think will make a nice gift for Mom (August 28 is her birthday) though now I'm thinking I might save it for part of her Christmas gift. Why? Because awhile ago I bought some bits that I want to use to make earrings that I know Mom will love. She is a Scrabble player, loves the game, and I bought a couple old Scrabble games with plans to turn the letter tiles into earrings. Maybe I can even make some necklaces to match earrings and maybe sell some of them. I want to learn how to make jewelry, I think that would be a lot of fun. To drill holes into the letter tiles I will need some kind of vice or even some clamps to hold them steady while I drill. I have no doubt I will come up with something.

No comments: