Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Laugh 8

Another installment from Chapter 3 of "Life's Greatest Lessons" by Hal Urban. If you are just here for the first time and would like to start reading from the beginning, you will find it all at my label Good For A Laugh. This is part of my commitment to post every day of September about Laughing and it's gifts to us:


What do we think of when we hear the name Albert Einstein? Genius? Brilliance? Physics? The theory of relativity? Probably all of those. But according to Einstein himself, some of the keys to life were simplicity, fantasy, and play. He said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible." He told a group of Princeton students that he would have no interest in the laws of physics if they couldn't be made simple. Once of the ways Einstein kept things simple was through play. those who have researced his life were surprised to learn what a playful person he was. He literally "fooled around" with ideas and numbers because he knew that his discoveries would eventually come through play. Einstein has a great lesson for us: play is one of the most effective ways of simplifying life. It's what we did so often as children and too often forget to do later in life.

To be continued....



Didn't have a great day today... felt dizzy, light headed, just not up to par. I still managed to go to town to do my volunteer work at the Centre for Spiritual Living, making up the programs for Sunday Service. I also went to the chiropractor for a much needed treatment. Hopefully this will help me feel better as my neck has been very stiff. I came home and went almost straight to bed and slept for some time. Feeling somewhat better now than I did previously, though still not totally over it. Better be by morning as Thursdays are always big days for me. Even feeling this way I still managed to finish washing the bottom of the big cage & a sink full of bird feed & water dishes as well as do a load of laundry which, come to think of it, still needs to be put into the dryer and another load into the washer.

My friend Tuggy called today, before I went to town. Haven't heard from him for awhile so was nice. Finally found out where he got the name Tuggy, he lived over 30 years on a boat, his job was driving a tug boat. He emailed me a couple of good jokes that helped me to have a good laugh.

- I am grateful for the friendship with Tuggy, a new friend that I just met May 31 and rode behind him on his Harley trike on a Memorial Ride for a mutual friend.
- I am grateful for the laughs Tuggy emailed me and gave me during our phone conversation.
- I am grateful for the Centre for Spiritual Living.
- I am grateful for my Chiropractor and the work he does to keep my body working.
- I am grateful for the recliner chair I am sitting in, it was given to me earlier this summer, has a massager & a heat thing in it... ahhhhh, heaven.
- I am grateful for all my silly birds, they give me great enjoyment.
- I am grateful for my washer & dryer... and for the clothes line I know I will someday have outside.


No comments: