Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stayed Home... mostly

This morning I drove just down the road, maybe a kilometer, to visit with a man who raises large numbers of birds. From what he told me, he used to raise Budgies & Cockatiels, now he just raises the 'tiels and is even getting out of them. He's 60 and has back problems so it's time to retire. Anyway, what I went there for was to see how he makes shipping crates. I want to sell my 4 Peach-faced Lovebirds and advertised them on the internet. A gal in Kitimat BC wants them so I'll have to ship them by plane. Now that I've seen his, I will be able to make one very easily, just need some 1x6 board and some 1/4" plywood. My little saw will be perfect for the job.

Other than that short trip, I spent the day at home. While here I did actually manage to do a bit of cleaning (don't worry, didn't do enough to hurt myself, lol), spent some time with birds, did some computer work for the Centre (made up a Birthday List for all members of the Centre, and did the program for Sunday, now tomorrow just have to go to town to print off the programs so Lorraine can assemble them). I also played too many computer games and wasted time I could have spent more wisely elsewhere.... sigh.

Dan came by to visit for a short while on his way home from work. I don't see much of him anymore now that he's working full time, and on afternoon shift at least until Christmas. Oh... speaking of Christmas, there are only 4 more months until the big day! Time sure is flying!!

So now, with all that done, I am off to dreamland. Hope your day was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I will be able to make one very easily, just need some 1x6 board and some 1/4" plywood"

Tee hee... Ms. Fixit to the rescue! you go gurl!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have a day to just stay at home and do things we want with no cares really. Cleaning...YIKES LOL. Have a great day :)

CompareBookings.com said...

sounds like you had a big day........i have a parrot and a dove with with they were gifted by my granny.......and now they are a part of my life .......