Monday, February 16, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday & Weekend Snapshot




I wasn't going to take a photo of Paco for a few days. I wanted to wait until he'd been in my home for a few days, to get used to things, then let him out and photograph him sitting on top of the cage. It would make a much better photo. However, then I remembered it's time for Mellow Yellow Monday, and what is more mellow or yellow than Paco? I looked around and found... well, nothing.




Isn't he handsome?! The reason he has the feather duster in with him is that he tends to over groom himself and ruin his feathers. Now he can groom the dusters feathers.

Paco is on loan at the moment. If he and DW hit it off and bond, then he will live here from now on, though if they don't then he will go back to my friend Shannon. If he stays and then they have baby birds, Shannon will get a baby.

My friend Wendy has raised Cockatiels and told me tonight that when 2 are together they're a lot noisier than one alone, and not as people friendly. That would be a bummer as I can't stand the loud, sharp noices. DW is pretty good and only does that high pitched screach a little bit. She has bonded well with me and likes to talk to me and ride on my shoulder. Paco is a very nice bird, mellow, doesn't bite. I hope they stay people friendly. If they produce babies together it will be fun to hand raise the little bird brains, lol. Well, their parents will raise them, but I will handle them a lot so they will be used to being handled.


To play along with either of these memes, or to see other posts, click on the icons above... they're linked to the sites.

Have a wonderful day!! Thanks for visiting my blog.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Paco is indeed very handsome...beautiful color!

SASSY MOM said...

I agree with you... he's really handsome.

Michele said...

The color is truly stunning!! I love that yellow... WOW.
The noises are quite high pitched and I know in my tiny apartment, my landlord would not be pleased!
But still, very handsome birds indeed!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love Paco! ♥♥

MaR said...

Beautiful birdies!! yellow makes me think of spring, wonderful!!!

Connie said...

Hi Alice! Paco is a pretty little bird. Best of luck to you that the two will get along so you can raise little birds. Happy Monday to you! :D

Lily Locke said...

His feathers (do you call that a coat?) are so vibrant!

threesidesofcrazy said...

What a cutie and I love the feather duster idea!

Babs-beetle said...

What a beautiful bird! Such a lovely colour :O)

Teena in Toronto said...

Gorgeous bird!

I played too :)

Anonymous said...

Paco is a pretty bird!

Tink *~*~* said...

Paco is indeed VERY yellow! It must be so sweet to have babies around. Do you have to provide them with any special kind of nesting materials?


Tink *~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* : EPCOT at Walt Disney World - blue, yellow, CANDY!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! My grandmother used to have beautiful birds like this.

MYM said...

Oh my, he is very handsome! :) The feather duster is a good idea. I have 3 budgies ... and they can be very noisy when they get going sometimes! It's not bad when it's pretty chirps but when it's that nasty screeching ... yikes! LOL