Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nice Day!!

This morning, Dan came over and did some more work on the laminate flooring. The kitchen is now 1/4 to 1/3 done and looking very nice. He likes it if I 'get out of his way' when he's working as he doesn't like it when I tell him how I want things done in my home or yard. He wants to just do it his way. So fine, this morning I went and laid on my bed to read. After a short while, mid sentence zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. When I woke up the house was silent. No saw, not tapping, no snapping... nothing. I got up and the floor was done, the fridge back in it's spot, the saw and tools all put away, the sawdust swept up. Everything looked so nice. I felt a bit bad about falling asleep and him doing all that work for me... but only a wee little bit, lol. I'm sure if he wanted/needed me for anything he would have woken me up.

I started to do some cleaning, organizing when the phone rang. It was Wendy asking if Reba & I wanted to meet her and Steel, one of her dogs, at the dog park. We said "sure". Reba has some photos and a story about that on her blog, so I'll not get into it too much. I really enjoyed the walk and the time with Wendy, as well as taking photos of course. Wendy got a phone call and had to leave to do a favor for another friend, so we walked back to our vehicles and said goodbye for the day.

Oh, on the way to the dog park, I had a couple errands to run. 1- get gas in the truck before it quit running. Gas went up 5 cents per liter last week and another 5 cents per liter this week, and yet from what I've heard the cost of oil has gone down. Can you say "gouging"? 2- Picked up forms to fill out to apply for a passport so I can continue to go to the USA. I don't go very often, but want the freedom to go when I do want to. We've never needed passports to drive there but as of June 1, 2009, we will. After all these generations of good relationships and open borders between US and Canada, suddenly they don't trust us any more so we have to have passports instead of just drivers licence and birth certificates. Another expence.

I went to Wal Mart and got some dewormer for Reba, just in case, as well as a microfibre dust mop for my new floors, and some hand cream and one or two other small items I needed. I asked the assistant manager about getting some of their re-usable bags donated so I can give them out at Toastmasters (do a speech on the damage plastic bags do in our environment). She said to write a letter and leave it at the Customer Service Desk for her.

I went to the Okanagan Centre for Spiritual Living and did some of my volunteer work. I got new keys cut yesterday to replace the ones I lost, so now I can again come and go as I please. I made up the programs for Sunday morning, and did a bit of Membership List stuff. I need to do more yet in preparation for Sunday's Board Meeting, but most of it can be done at home.

When I got home I did the feeding of my animals, then came to bed with my laptop. My low back is killing me. I felt okay after the walk, but at WalMart I ran into a guy I used to know/be friends with many years ago, and his wife. We figured it's between 7 and 10 years since we last saw each other and lots has changed since then. His job, he now has a wife, a farm, horses, goats, dogs, cats, step kids. Wow. I like his wife, and she seems to be a good influence on him.

I was looking at an electronics blog tonight and found it interesting. Lots of 'toys' there. I'm interested in getting an external hard drive for storing my photographs and other important things.

Well, off to post the quote, then I'm going to read a bit and go to sleep. See you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for a new floor... I want a new floor for our condo....

Anonymous said...

Yay for the kitchen floor!

You said Dan prefers it when you 'get out of his way" -- well, you were out. LOL!

I used to do business with a lummer who had something like this on his card.

$35.00 per hour is I work alone.
$55.00 per hour if you supervise
$155.00 per hour if you "help".