Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wednesday November 26


Day 26


Today I was able to take it a bit easier. Okay, so I shouldn't have, but I did anyways, haha. I could have given time to doing my homework for tonight's class, but I didn't. I did some work on practicing my presentation for Pasta Productions, the first time I've practiced it at all since I preformed it at Toastmasters back in September, and I have to perform it on Friday evening. I really need to put more time into it before then. Actually, tomorrow I'm meeting with Hannah who is going to be my audience, so I want to work on it a bunch more before that too. Anyway, enough about what I am going to do tomorrow.... this is about what I did today, lol.

I had company drop in for a while which was nice.

I had a nap which was very nice.

I went to town and shopped at the new Dollar Store. I simply have to take the time to go there again and look around some more. There is so much in that store that it will take awhile to get through all the isles and look at all the 'stuff'. It's a pretty fabulous store. Anyway, as well as a few little things for me, I got 6 plastic table clothes to use for Pasta Productions on Friday night... $1 each. I may have to go back and get a few more, not sure how many we will need yet.

At the Centre I printed out the sheets for the Sunday Programs, and cut them to size, but didn't get them assembled into their folders yet. I also printed out 30 membership forms, getting ready for the kick off of our Membership Drive. I presented an idea for this at our Board Meeting last Sunday and it was very enthusiastically accepted. We'll offer prizes to those who renew their memberships and people who become a member for the first time. Most are happy to renew or sign up anyway, but this time every year we like to do something to get the memberships done before the AGM which will be in late Feb or early March this year. Anyway, the forms need to be folded into 3, brochure style, and I got that all done. However, I forgot to print and fold the programs for Pasta Productions. Will have to do that tomorrow.

The rest of the evening was spent in class. As always a great class, though I found it very tiring tonight. I guess just because I have to think so much during them, haha. It is a deep subject that is not real easy to study and does take work. It's well worth it.

Now I'm blogging, haha, as if you couldn't tell that.



I wish all my neighbors to the south a most happy Thanksgiving!!! In the USA, Thanksgiving is held in November, where as it's held in October here in Canada. I'm not sure why.... maybe the pilgrims came here first before they headed down into the US. LOL.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is early in Canada because Canadians are too danged impatient to wait! ;)

Thanks for the happy wishes!