Friday, November 28, 2008

Thursday November 27, 2008 is now history

Day 27


Well, boys and girls, here we are again... another day gone. History, folks.

Dan came by today. He hasn't been working the last while, so I see a lot more of him than usual. This has it's good and not so good points, haha, however, I will focus on the good. He has been moving bags of pellets to where they are easier for me to get to... from the pallet to the steps. Today he stacked 10 bags on the top of the steps for me, and put one bag into the stove. He's going away to Arizona for just over a week, so stacked up enough for me to have easy access to them while he's gone. I like that!!

I did a bit of practice on my humorous speech for Pasta Productions, but with Dan here I can't do that kind of thing. Then I got a bad headache and had to go lay down, so he left. I napped. I felt better afterwards, but then it was time to go to town. I took my saddle & sawhorse to the Centre for my 'act' tomorrow evening, and did 2 practices there. I also did a bit of shopping for me and some for Pasta Productions. At the Centre, I also printed out the programs for Pasta Productions. Hannah volunteered to take them home and fold them for me, and I accepted that offer.

I went to my Camera Club meeting this evening. It's an old club that folded and is in process of being reborn. We had a lot of people come out tonight. As membership person, it was a lot of work taking peoples memberships. They all flogged in at once during a short break in the meeting, wanting to do their memberships. They fill out a form, bring it to me, I give them a recipt for thier money and a membership card. Sounds simple, but with everyone coming at you at the same time from every direction... well, I guess I should have told them to line up. Noreen helped me for which I was grateful. She filled in membership cards while I wrote out recipts and we both took money. We signed up 20 or more people.

As I was leaving the meeting, I got a text message from Wendy. After texting back and forth a bit I phoned her so I could drive home, haha. I can't/won't text and drive at the same time. That is dangerous!! However, I don't see why so many people say talking on the cell is so dangerous while driving. Maybe because I've got a Bluetooth, so can just plug that into my ear and talk hands free. I've seen people driving and turning to talk to the people in the seat beside them, and much worse, turning to talk to the people in the seat behind them. One time, a friend and I were in a car with her landlord driving, his wife in the passenger seat and us in the back seat. As we drove through a blinding snow storm he kept up 90% of a conversation, and kept turning to look at/talk to not only his wife beside him, but Wanda & I in the seat behind him. I don't scare easily, nor does Wanda, hey, the day before when the wheel fell off her truck and we slid down the road in it, we were not bothered by it... but I tell you, we were both scared that night with the landlord. Come to think of it, he'd borrowed or rented the truck from the landlord. Anyway, I think if the law is going to ban talking on the cell phone while you drive, I think it should ban talking to passengers in your car too.

So, I'm off to do what I have to do so I can get to bed. I need to get to bed. Tomorrow is a very big day for me. I'll take my computer along so I can do some more work I need to do, and I will keep up my NoBloPoMo posting, even if only a small post. Just know I will not be posting a lot for a day or two... haha.

I'll catch you all up as I recover from this very busy week.

Oh, by the way.... I had a cordless mouse I bought for this laptop, but I hadn't used it for a long time, so the other day Dan & I traded cordless mice... and I like this one a lot more. I've been using the built in mouse, but I really like using this one much better. It's great. Also, a few day s ago I told you about the 2 (4 gig) memory cards I got on sale for $20 (ya, 2 for $20) and they didn't work in my camera or my Palm PDA. Well, Dan had a couple 2 gig cards that would work for me and he can use the 4 gigs, so we traded my 2 -4 gigs for his 2 -2 gig cards. Not as bad a deal as it sounds since to buy a 2 gig is $15 each and up. Now I see that Canadian Tire flyer has 2 gig cards on sale this week for $9 each, haha. I'll buy one of those for Mom, though I was going to give her my 2 -256 meg cards. She has a new digital camera and needs a bigger card than what came with it. For an 8 mega pixel camera 256 megs isn't a lot, but for an 85 year old woman who is used to a film camera, it will seem like you can take pics forever with this. Even if it only holds 50 pictures (and I'm not sure how many a 256 meg would hold, but think it would be between 50 and 75 photos), that would seem like a lot when you're used to a roll of film holding .... ummmm, I forget now, it's been so long since I shot with film, haha... is it 36 pics per roll?? Something like that.

I think I've passed from 'talking' to babbling... I think it's time for bed, haha.

Night all.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think when Nov. is done you will have done something like 90 to 120 posts! By all means, write a novel -- though please, leave out all the haha's.