Monday, November 17, 2008

Peaceful Thoughts, etc.

Day 17


Yesterday, I posted a photo of my new-old telephone bench after I washed it and set it into place. That photo showed the old cushions that so need to be replaced. This photo is what the same bench looked like part way through today. It now has my answering machine on it too, so not a lot different. I put a cushion down, then covered all with this small blanket, added the phone book, the phone (handsfree cordless), a little stuffy bear, cat treats. Then, the cat (Mewsic) added herself. I just had to show you this, haha. I guess one could say this is a picture of PEACE.



I was having a lot of problems getting up out of my armchair... very painful, so I got my friend Dan to build a riser for me to put the chair on. It is about 4" high and helps me a lot. There is, however, a drawback to this. Today I was watching my parrot, DW, visiting one of my chinchillas, Charlie, through the wires of his cage. It was really cute and I decided to 'go for my camera'. After nearly breaking 2 or 3 toes on this riser, I got the camera and by then of course DW and Charlie had moved from their previous 'too cute' pose. This chair swivels and rocks and if I have it swivelled back to the front the riser doesn't stick out like that. (Note to self: be sure to swivel chair to front and save toes.)



Since I nearly broke my poor wee toes to get the photo of Charlie & DW, I ended up taking this instead. DW had moved around to the back to visit with Charlie who had moved up higher in his cage and to the back. Charlie sleeps in this black tube, some kind of PVC. DW seems to really love spending time near the chinchillas and Charlie is her favorite, though she also visits Daisy & Shari who share a cage. I've not seen her visit Cherry or Smudge though.



If a parrot and a chinchilla can become friends, why can't humans find a way to become friendly? I truly believe to the depth of my soul that my spiritual beliefs are right, and yet, I still accept and love other people who have different religious beliefs then I do. Why do so many other people wage war based on religious beliefs? We have, in this world, Christians killing Christians in the name of religion... killing each other in the name of Christ!! What would Jesus do? Not that I am sure. There is One God, we all worship that one God whether we call that Infinite, Creative Spirit by the word God, Jahovah, Allah, Christ, or any other name. Some call this "Energy" He, some call it She, and some even call it It... and it doesn't matter what we call the Creator because it all still boils down to the same thing.... There is One God, One Life, One Power & Presence. Each and every one of us is created by and of God. When you hate someone, you are hating God. When you are killing someone you are killing a creation of God.

When you love someone you love God. When you love yourself, you love God. When you love God, you are at Peace.

I wish you all Peace!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although my spiritual beliefs differ from yours, they are still very much the same. We both want the same things for ourselves and the rest of humanity.