Friday, November 07, 2008

Going Home... soon.

It's now time for me to go home, haha. The other day I did the computer work on the Sunday Programs and was going to print it out, but didn't have time, so yesterday I got a phone call from Hannah who wanted me to make changes to the congregational songs for this week, and after she gave me the new ones, Rev. Dale came on and gave me some changes too. Good thing I didn't have time to print it all out before class on Wednesday. So, tonight I did the changes and printed out, cut, stuffed all the programs. Lorraine was here for a bit and she helped a lot with the stuffing which I really appreciate. There was to be a movie here, but Alan (new at running the movies) couldn't find the amplifier so couldn't run the movie. Good thing that the people that showed up had all been here before and know it's not usually like this, were very understanding, and I'm sure will be back. With everyone gone, Alan, his mother Lorraine, and his girlfriend Andree decided we should all go to the theatre for a movie, so off we all went. It was great. Lots of fun and a funny movie too, called Role Models.

When I got back here I finished doing the programs which included printing out more of some of the pages as these ones are reused each week during the month, then cutting them in half and stuffing all the sheets into folders. Then I created some tickets for Pasta Productions (pasta dinner followed by a talent show) which I am putting on here this month as a fun social evening and a fund raiser, also an awareness to the public that we are here. I also did a bit of other computer related work for Pasta Productions.

Now, it is time to leave the Centre and drive for 10 - 15 mintues home. I had planned to gas up the truck today, but didn't get that done, though I did pick up a few things at the bulk food store on my way here.

OH almost forgot. I met Maxine for tea. She's from my former Toastmasters club, she's the VP of Education there, so she signed my manuals for the projects I did while still at that club. Now they are all ready for my fresh start at the new club on Tuesday night. We also had a nice visit. You see, I still do have some friends that I made in that Tm club, haha.

As soon as I do the Weather Report and the Quote of the Day... and see what the email says that I just got from NoBloPoMo, I'm off home. Then I will post to Reba's Run once I am comfortable in my armchair with my 'family' around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy little worker, aren't you?! I used to do the church bulletins. Don't miss it a bit.