Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Fabulous Day


I had a fabulous day today.

Sharon, a friend from my former Toastmasters club, took me for lunch and I really enjoyed it so much. Yes, the food, but more than that, the company. The time flew by so fast it was incredible. Nell, Sharon's cousin and another friend from the old TM club, joined us for coffee as soon as she had a chance and that was also totally enjoyable. I really SO enjoyed it.

After lunch I went to pick up a package that was waiting for me. Yesterday I got a notice in my mail that there was a package for me and I couldn't think of what in the world it would be. Duh! Haha. It was the earrings I've been waiting for! On October 16, I was playing online and ended up at a jewelery auction place that has really great jewelery for really cheap, and... well, I got caught up in bidding and bought 4 pair of earrings. I bid on 3 pair, then decided to get 2 of the one kind, one for me and a matching one for Mom for Christmas.

Nice Earrings With 1.31ctw Precious Stones - Genuine Diamonds and Topazes Made in 925 Sterling silver Length 15mm (This is the pair I got 2 of)


Wonderful Hoops Earrings With 1.80ctw Genuine Topazes in White Gold


High Quality Hoops Earrings With 0.60ctw Genuine Tanzanites Beautifully Crafted in 14K White Gold Length 14mm


As I was leaving the store, the earrings I was wearing came out of the ears and the Tanzanites went in, haha. I've never had such expensive, high grade earrings in my life!!! And I didn't even pay a lot for them. I am trilled.

Reba & I then went to the dog park for a walk. Not a really long one, but an okay one. It was rather chilly and I had stuff to do, so had to make it only a 1x walk (1 time around the park).

I had, unfortunately, left the house without my tape recorder, and I use it every Wednesday evening at class. I like to tape class rather than trying to take notes. I like to listen to what Rev. Dale is saying rather than trying to remember what he said as I scribble it down... then rarely if ever go back and read the scribbles. So, I made a quick trip home to get that and looked for the chargers for my cell phone and PDA... couldn't find the chargers, though did find them after getting home from class tonight.

I went back into town and filled the gas tank on my truck. Gas prices have come down a lot and that is so wonderful!! It doesn't hurt anywhere near so much to fill up now as it did a month or so ago.

Next I went to the Centre for Spiritual Living where I did the computer work on Sunday's programs, printed them out, cut the sheets in half, printed out lables for donation envelopes... all is ready now to assemble them, which I will do with Rosey's help on Friday. I got all that done with about 15 minutes to class time. I got a cup of tea then went into the sanctuary and got ready for class. Class was great as usual. It is so very interesting to study this stuff. Not easy, but very interesting, haha. Judge Thomas Troward had a way of writing that most of us today have a challenge understanding, and maybe even in his day it was hard to understand, and in the last 100 years the way we talk has changed a lot, haha. Anyway, it is well worth the work to study this stuff... life changing. Class is 7:00 - 9:30, and it is not unusual for us to run a little over time, and running 1/2 hour overtime like we did tonight, though not common, is also not unheard of.

And now I'm home... content in my chair as I type this with my animals all around me and my pellet stove burning, warming my home on a cold night. Browsing the flyers from from the news paper, I discovered a One Day Sale with 8mm laminate flooring for 69 cents per square foot. WOW, I gotta go get some. I've been saving, haha. I want to do all my floors, but for now will have to settle for doing just the living room... or maybe, just maybe, I might be able to stretch to the kitchen too as it is a small room. I'll measure, haha. Also, a great tool set at the same sale... cordless 18V combo kit with drill, 5 1/2" circular saw, vacuum (little hand held one) and flashlight. I love tools like these and have been wanting a circular saw for a long time. This is a smaller one than I had in mind, but.... This set is only $69!!! I think my credit card is starting to get nervous, and my savings mattress too, lol.


I am grateful... and I have much to be grateful for!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice earinngs. Did you you buy them on ebay?

Anonymous said...

YAY for a great day!!!! Pretty earrings, too!

Stay warm...

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thank you both for the visit and the comments. No, it's not eBay where I got the earrings, it's bidz.com where they auction jewelery and art.

And yes, I am staying warm, haha. I love my pellet stove.