Sunday, November 09, 2008

Another Day Ends

Day 8

Today was a pretty peaceful day. I spent most of it in my comfy armchair. You see, I was in a LOT of pain all night, so didn't sleep much or well. This morning when Dan came over to help me put the tarp I bought onto the travel trailer (I noticed it has a couple wet spots in it, so want it tarped for the winter), I was barely able to get out of bed, and was not in any condition to put the tarp on anything. So, Dan left and I took some pain meds then sat in the chair with my laptop and my cat. I fell asleep and spent several hours like that.

After I woke up, did the email, and a few other little things, I drove to town to get a few groceries and some drinking water. I also went to the Mall to a bake sale I had read about in the newspaper, because it was help by the Animal Care Society and that is a cause very close to my heart. They helped me out when my cat Shadow suddenly got sick and had to go to the vet. I didn't have the money for a vet bill, so the Animal Care Society helped me a great deal, they cared and they paid the bill. Today I spent $9.50 on baking, gave them a $20, and told them to keep the change. I only wish I could give them more, but at least that's a start.

DW, my parrot, has been a really bad bird the last while. She keeps chewing at the mirror on the wall by her cage, and on the door frame, and ripping the wallpaper off the wall. I am not impressed... and yet I am still peaceful, lol, and I still love the little witch. So this morning, and evening, as she sat on her cage and started to do her distruction, I shook the cage. At first I did it gently and she would stop what she was doing, but would end up going back to it in a short time. So, I got eventually, to where it's like a big earthquake everytime she starts chewing where she is not supposed to. That seems to have made her think a bit, and stops her from doing what she had in mind, enough that she moves away from her spot for some time, then when I'm no longer paying attention she goes back and when I realize what she's up to another earth quake hits. She seems to be 'getting it', haha. She is now sleeping on the front corner instead of the back. I need to find something that will get her interest and make her forget about destroying things I don't want destroyed. I hung a branch above her cage this evening, but so far she hasn't gotten on to it, so time will tell. I may lower it more for awhile and see what happens. She usually gets to be out of her cage all day, but now she doesn't get out if I'm not going to be right here. I used a treat today to get her back into the cage before I went out. Tomorrow she will likely be in there the entire day as I have church in the morning, followed by our monthly pot luck lunch, then I go visit my Mom & have a family dinner at my sister's place because my younger brother is down from north of Edmonton Alberta. Will be a full day for me.

I spent the evening in my arm chair again. I wanted to get my clothes ready for church tomorrow, and to make a spinach/pasta salad for the pot luck lunch, and just have not felt up to doing any of that. So, it's a good thing I have a big bag of salad in the fridge that I bought a couple days ago... I'll have to take that and some salad dressing. Nothing fancy for sure, but do what I can. If I feel up to it in the morning, and if I have time, I might add some other veggies in to it as it's just mostly iceburg lettuce, with shredded carrots, and shredded purple cabbage.

So, I am now off to feed animals, then to bed with the hopes of a decent sleep. If I have the same kind of night as last night I will be returning to this chair as I will likely get more sleep in it than in the bed.

_____________________________________

This is the way of peace: overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.

-- Peace Pilgrim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! My back is hurting today, too!

Dr.John said...

Sorry your in pain.
Glad you left a comment on my blog.
Somehow when I redid my link list I lost you but now your found again.

Carletta said...

Hi Alice,
Hope this finds you feeling much better. Your weather sounds like ours - it's cold and tried to snow but the temps stayed just warm enough to ward it off.
Thanks for visiting my My World Post.