Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reflections - Day 5

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Our current photo challenge is hosted by Quilly. Sunday through Saturday, the challenge is to post photos of Reflections!

This is my parrot, DW. She is looking a wee bit scruffy just now as she's going through a molt. These 3 photos show her perched on the mirror in my living room. The above news paper shows her bathing. She loves her baths.

Notice the light green ring around her neck. This is why they call them a Ring Neck parrot. The males have a lot more colorful ring around their necks.

Sharing my home with DW is a real pleasure.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

DW likes the pretty birdy in the mirror.

Gattina said...

Hahaha, it looks as if they were twins ! She is really cute ! Does she speak ?

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful bird! You captured her well!

Anonymous said...

Quilly - yes, they do seem to like each other don't they, haha.

Gattina - Thank you. Yes, she does speak. She clearly says "Pretty Bird" several times a day, haha. I'm planning to teach her "Love You". I've only had her a few months and am totally in love with her.

Carver said...

She's a beautiful parrot and looks great duplicated by the mirror.

Melli said...

Yes! DW is a beauty! I would LOVE to have one of them! Birds are sO sweet and sO much fun! And I just LOVE a parrot. DW is just about right. I don't want anything as big as a Macaw... I would kinda like an African Grey -- but I would even settle for a little Sun Conure. But I LOVE Amazons!

Jientje said...

I love parrots, and yours is very handsome!
I love that first shot, very clever!

Amber Star said...

Just came from visiting the dog and find a lovely parrot. She is beautiful :) and the reflection is great. How did her picture get in the paper?

Anonymous said...

Such a cute bird!

I just wanted to thank-you for stopping by my blog too and for your lovely comments!

Anonymous said...

Parrots is is my best birds. It is very nice photo. Looking very happy. Thanks for sharing this post.