Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday 13


Thursday 13

So far as I can figure, this seems to be my T13 #20.
It's been awhile since I was able to fit in a T13 and am glad to be able to tonight, though it is after 2:00 am here and will be much later by the time I create this post. Oh well, here we go, haha.

13 Things I Did Today (Wednesday July 16)

1 - Sorted, bagged and loaded into my truck all the pop/water/juice/etc. bottles and cans I've been collecting here. My 'empties' for I don't remember how long. Too long... there were a lot of them. Drove to town and to the bottle depot and sold those bottles and cans I'd sorted and loaded. Got $30.75! Told you I'd been saving them up for way too long... that's a lot of empties!

2 - Delivered the Sunday donations to The Centre. Both Rev. Dale and our treasurer Andree were away, so I was asked to bring the donations home to keep them safe.

3 - Took my computer in to Simon, a fellow with a computer shop in town. A month or two ago, my wireless internet quit working, turned out the card is dead, so Simon said it's cheaper to put in an adapter than a new card. The laptop was still under warranty at the time, so I had to make a choice whether to send it in for repair or bite the bullet and pay for this myself. If I sent it to HP for warranty work I would be without my laptop for at least 3 weeks!!! And they would wipe everything off my hard drive, so I'd have to make sure I had everything off it and saved to put back on later... lots of time and work. Also, they might not send this laptop back, could send me a different one that they already repaired from someone else. So, for $75 plus taxes I decided to get it done in town. Last week I ordered the adapter and when I took the laptop in today it didn't fit. He'd gotten the one that fits almost every other laptop except this one. So, Simon will order the right one this time and it costs about $15 more than the one he'd gotten in. Great, more money! Oh well, he promises me it will have really good range.

4 - Put $75 gas into my truck and it still wasn't completely full. Gas is $1.45.9 per liter, so convert that to a US Gallon... that's 4 liters to a US Gallon... makes it $5.84 per gallon. This hurts a lot of people.

5 - Went to Welk Mart (a cheap store) looking for a couple things. Didn't get what I wanted, but did find they have "shoe buttons" for putting in the holes of those rubber clogs that I have 2 pair of. They were only 99 cents for 2 buttons, so I got 8 of them... $4.44 with taxes. Once I get them on the shoes, likely tomorrow (Thursday here) I'll take a pic and post it for you.

6 - Went to the water depot and filled up both my 5 gallon water jugs... $2 each for nice reverse osmosis drinking water. Sure beats what comes out of my taps.

7 - Went to the pet store that is in that area and checked out their parrot food and pellets. My Ringneck, DW, only eats some of what is in the mix she has now and leaves a lot of it untouched. Obviously I need something she will like better.

8 - Went to Zeller's and made a payment on my HBC Master Card.

9 - Went to Wal Mart and bought a new pair of black stretchy calipso pants. I wear the ones I had a lot and often want them when they are in the laundry, so decided it was time to get a second pair.

10 - Grabbed a Classic Chicken Sandwich meal deal (with fries and Coke). I had forgotten to eat earlier, so this was the first food all day and it was almost 7pm. I'd drank lots of water though, so that's a good thing. Got this to go and headed home.

11 - Drove home and laid on my bed, resting my very sore back, while eating my McYuck Sandwich... but the fries and Coke were good, haha.

12 - Showered and got dressed in a nice dress, then headed back to town.

13 - Had a short visit with some of my family. Mom... sister Marcy, her husband Randy, their grand kids Carter & Kennedy... brother Bernie, wife Karen & daughter Jillian. It's B & K's 26th Wedding Anniversary today. Took pics.

And just because I like you all, I'll give you a bonus today:

14 - Picked up Rocko. He's a Patagonian Conure (parrot) who is here for a visit of about 5 or 6 days while my friend Lorraine goes on a bit of a holiday. I think mostly she wants to get away from the very loud and noisy bird, haha. Rocko belongs to her daughter Darleen, and Lorraine is just 'birdie sitting' while Darleen and her husband build a home and more from Alberta to BC. I was asked to 'birdie sit' one of their parrots for about 3 months, and I said yes with one condition... if I fall in love with it, I get to keep it. Darleen agreed on the condition that if I ever at any point decide I don't want it any more she goes back to them. I'm good with that! DW has been with me about 2 months now (give or take a bit) and I can't see her ever leaving my life, haha. So now these 2 parrots are together again, in their cages across the room as they were once used to... even if only for a few days. When I go away in August for a long weekend, Lorraine will 'birdie sit' DW for me, so all is good.

It was a challenge to get Rocko's cage here. Without her neighbors seeing, we had to get Rocko and cage down from the 6th floor in the elevator, then out the back door and into my truck... the back of the truck with my Rottweiler. Reba is a good girl and didn't really care what was in the cage that was wrapped in a blanket. I used my dolly to bring the cage with the bird in it down to the truck, then had to lift it all up into the truck and lay it down to have it in a safe and secure manner, and have him out of the wind. When home, getting him into the house was much more difficult all by myself, but I did it... and brought in the 2 big water jugs too.

I'll stop here without telling the rest of what I did today, or I'll never get any sleep tonight. It's about to turn 3:00am now.


Happy Thursday 13 everyone!!


8 comments:

Gattina said...

Gaz is even more expensive here, we pay 1.50 € a liter ! How nice to have a parrot on holidays I hope he knows a lot of bad words, lol !

Anonymous said...

You sure had a busy day! Wow, $75 of gas?! *shakes her head* Doesn't the high price of gasoline suck? I used to fill up my Nissan used with $10, now I've spent up to $25.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your day was busy AND expensive. 3 weeks without computer, and all the time to clear the hard drive? No way I could do that.

storyteller said...

My goodness you’ve had a busy morning! Your post says 2:10am … so either you get up REALLY early or you live EAST of me. I’m in Southern California … so even with 4 hours difference (my sister is traveling near Prince Albert Island and sez it’s 4 hours later where she is), that would make it 6:10 am. I get up between 4 & 4:30 each morning, but I try not to leave home before 9am or so … except for Tuesdays & Thursdays when I leave for my Photoshop Elements class at 7:30am. I hope the rest of your day was a bit more restful ;--)

Thanks for stopping by my T-13 at Small Reflections earlier. I've just stopped by home to grab a bite to eat and pick up Molly. She needs her booster shots so I'm going to do that so we can walk to Dog Beach tomorrow.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Busy lady!

And why couldn't her neighbors see the parrot being removed?

I had a neighbor with 8 conures. She had a couple of cockatoos and some lovebirds, too. All together she had 13 birds, 5 dogs and two cats.

I don't believe Reba would like these cockatoos, they said things like: "Dumb dog," and "Get down from there!" and "Stop it, stupid!"

clairesgarden said...

wow, you're having a busy time there!! you make sure you get enough sleep, I can't stay up late its something to do with getting older...
you're weather is a good bit warmer than ours, I'm wearing a wooly jumper and thick socks, ususal scottish summer...

Anonymous said...

well happy thursday...enjoy ;)

Anonymous said...

happy happy thursday...