Sunday, June 08, 2008

Manic Monday


Today, Morgen (a.k.a. Mo) at It's A Blog Eat Blog World, has given us the word under to post about and have some fun with for his Manic Monday Meme (or Challenge, if you prefer).

The above picture came from Mo. Thanks Mo.... I think I am under 'his' spell.



It has been a very long and a very productive day today. Here I sit with my feet up, relaxing and watching TV... content. I'm watching, again, a Clint Eastwood movie called Pale Rider. It's a great movie. It takes place back in the 1800's, partly in a canyon where there are some prospectors and partly in a small town under a beautiful mountain. Gorgeous scenery. Michael Moriarty plays the part of one of the main characters, panning for gold. Of course, there's bad guys too, trying to run off the good guys when Preacher (Clint Eastwood) comes along and takes the good guys under his wing, so to speak. Those 'thugs' should not have underestimated Preacher... sigh. The doctor didn't get much more work, but the undertaker sure was suddenly very busy. I lost track of all the men that ended up six feet under. Do you understand?

This morning I got up and went to church (The Centre for Positive Living) where I presided over the service as well as being, as every Sunday, the congregational song leader. After the service we had a pot luck lunch, then I went over to our new location. The Centre is moving this coming week, into a much larger space. With all the work there is to be done, you could say we are really under the gun right now. We've done a lot of the renovations needed, and there is a lot more to do yet. This is what got done today:
- Andree & I washed the walls in the bathroom. I did the higher places, up on the ladder, and she did the lower places. Together we took off the bathroom door that turned out to be solid wood, not your usual door. I'm so used to being strong and this door made me feel week, like I was under some kind of nasty spell. Maybe it has kryptonite inside of it. Anyway, we got it off and moved to the other room where Phyllis painted most of it then had to leave, so I finished it off.
- Lore arrived just before Andree had to leave (she was under pressure to get to another obligation). I got up on the ladder again and started painting. I started the cutting under the ceiling and along the corners, around the sink, light fixtures, stuff like that with the brush. When I got called away to talk to some other people for a bit, Lore took that job over. I came back and did all the rolling. Now all that dirty, dingy looking off white is hidden under a nice new coat of bright, beautiful yellow. It looks at least 200% better than it did.

After that job was done it was time for a bit of fun, so Reba (my dog who so patiently waits for me in the truck) and I went to the dog park for a few hours. We really enjoyed our walk around the park and even under the trees for a bit.

Now, my friends, it is time for me to get ready to slide under the covers. I have another day of painting tomorrow, and a speech to deliver at Toastmasters tomorrow evening. I still have lots of rehearsing to do on this speech as I plan to deliver it and a poem I wrote totally without notes.

Oh... sigh... I'm so over worked and under paid! hahaha. Truly, I am blessed to be able to do all the volunteer work I do. It pays in ways that cash could not do.


HAPPY MANIC MONDAY!!



**********************************
One of my favorite pastimes is reading good
books. I wish I had more time to do it, though.
**********************************

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should slide under the covers too! I woke up and had to take a trip to the bathroom and I've been sitting here UNDER my laptop for the past hour. This is NOT going to be good when my alarm tells me it's time to get up.

Happy MM, my friend!

Anonymous said...

So, I want to know more about that gorgeous photo ....

Anonymous said...

Crazy Mama I'm still trapped Under my laptop too... and yet I hear my bed calling to me. haha.

Quilly, I copied it from Mo at Manic Monday. I fell Under the spell of the picture and just had to drool over it ... um, I mean, well, you know. LOL.

Gattina said...

You knitted a nice text around "under" lol ! I wasn't inspired at all with that word !

Barb said...

I've had a spotty night's sleep, but feel the need for more! Ah, well. It's Monday!

Travis Cody said...

Nice job on the unders! Don't you just love a freshly painted room?

Of course, that just reminds me of the many home improvements we want to make around here.

Anonymous said...

Monday blues are always Monday blues. I liked the photo on the blog and talking about the movie I have not watched it but I guess it will be good.