Saturday, May 03, 2008

Blending Challenges

About Photo Hunters, Photo Hunters Themes 2008, more Photo Hunters posts for today's theme.

The Photo Hunt for today is for TIME!


This Alphabet Photo Challenge
originated at
Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and runs for the first 26 days of May. Each day you post photos that you took, that have to do with that days letter.



This is the 2 year old Cockatiel I was recently given. His name is Taz (he came with that name). In this photo Taz is sitting on Chinchilla art (chewed wood) sticking out of a Chinchilla Cage, and inside you can see a bit of Charlie, the chinchilla that lives in the cage.
Taz yawning in this photo because....



It's time for a cockatiel nap!!

What better way to tell time than to look at the clock.
This clock was made by a man I used to share my life with. For some time it quit keeping proper time, even though I changed the battery in it. This past winter, his brother lived in my travel trailer and early in his stay he set the time of this clock and it kept the right time for months. After Don moved away I noticed the clock has again got the wrong time and no longer keeps the right time. "Strange but true!" I'm going to get another new battery for it.


And now, it's time for me to have a nice cup of tea!!


Don't forget my Cell phone. It's a communication link that I much enjoy, and has a clock in it so I can always check the time.


Remember to leave comments...
and to come back often to see what I post for the other 23 letters of the alphabet.

(I'm really looking forward to doing my post for "D" which I will combine/blend with Camera Critters! I think you'll like what I post for that.)

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very timely post. I'm glad I got to "C" it! Yuk. Yuk.

Anonymous said...

That brown wall clock is a strange looking clock but seems a good decorative piece.

Hootin Anni said...

that clock is stunning!

My photo hunt is something you'd like to view I'm sure. Like Birds? Come on over-----

Melli said...

Awwwwww! WE used to have a sweet little Cockatiel named Snickers! When we got it we thought it was a male because it has BRIGHT orange cheeks... but then she layed an egg! As a matter of fact she layed 3! All unfurtilized of course... and it was so sad, cuz she "mothered" the love right outta those eggs! We finally had to take them away from her ... one at a time. Eventually we had to get rid of her because our Lab puppy grew to be a Lab DOG and could suddenly jump high enough to reach the ceiling! Snickers was not safe anywhere outside of her cage. We decided it was in her best interest to go live with a family down the street who had other cockatiels - and since then she has become a REAL mama - several times over!!! She is very happy and I am happy that she is!!! They are sweet birds - and GOOD pets!

Anonymous said...

Very great time photos! Have a good weekend, Alice. :)

ancient one said...

How smart to combine to photo hunts... Good Post!

Berni said...

Clever camera creations.

Thanks for popping over to mine

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a lovely Cockatiel. I heard they are affectionate and intelligent birds.

That's an interesting story about how it seemed to change when the person who gave it moved away.

sammawow said...

That's funny about your clock not keeping the right time! I have a wooden clock rather like yours but it's carved into the shape of a cat. Great take on the theme this week - nice shots! I enjoyed your post!

Minkydo said...

Taz is gorgeous :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific photo essay for time! :) Very well done. :)