Sunday, October 07, 2007

Supporting Burma's People!

On the news tonight I saw that many places around the world, including places in Canada, had large demonstrations to support the monks and citizens of Burma. They said, basically, that "if the people of Burma can't demonstrate, we'll demonstrate for them." These demonstrations are to 'encourage' as many governments as possible to pressure the Burmese government to stop the 'crap'.

I am very happy to hear that people are doing these peaceful demonstrations, and I hope they keep them up until there is peace and freedom in Burma. I would be happy to have the opportunity to take part in these peaceful demonstrations, but unfortunately none are being held in my area of the world, or at least none that I've heard about. I've signed 2 petitions online, and for now I guess that, my prayers, and my moral support will have to do.

No comments: