Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Post Script

This is a PS to Toastmaster High:

I forgot to tell you.... Back when I was a Toastmaster in the '90s, I achieved my CTM, Competent Toastmaster Award. I also competed in a Humorous Speech Contest, and a Toastmasters Cowboy Poetry Contest which I won with my poem 'Love At First Sight'.

I had been thinking that after so many years away from speaking, I would 'start at the bottom' again and go for a second CTM. Well, tonight after the meeting I had 3 or 4 people tell me I should definitely go for my ATM (Able Toastmasters Award) as I did such a great job, rusty or not. So, okay... I'll take that advice, lol. So I am going to go for my ATM.

I think there are 3 levels of ATM to achieve before you go for a DTM, and I forget what DTM stands for, haha. There is also the Competent Leader Award that I was told tonight I should think about going for. I'm not sure what that is, but will know soon... just have to do a bit of reading.

Ya, I get "high" on Toastmasters and public speaking.... hahaha.

No comments: