Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My New Life Altering Decisions

Well, on top of everything else I "have on my plate" I've decided I have to clean up my home! No more of this sitting on my butt all day on the computer, or off to town to run errands, or off to my Spiritual Centre for various volunteer jobs and classes and other activities. Well, okay... I'll still do a lot of those, who am I trying to kid, haha. However, I commit to fitting in the cleaning up of my home and yard. I think I have to find someone who would be willing to help me with cleaning up the yard and waiting to be paid until after I sell the place. Yes, I'm cleaning it all up to sell it. I'm not telling Mom or my siblings anything about this until down the road when the place is ready to be listed, or advertised to sell privately.

It is a drag that it's this time of year. By the time I get things done it will be winter and I don't think that is a good time to try to sell. There is a steep driveway up to here, not good for people who are interested in buying. I have no problem with it, but I'm used to it (this will be my 18th winter here) and the last few years I've had a 4x4 which really makes a big difference. So I think mid March 2008 will be the earliest I can put it up for sale. It's a drag, but I guess my plans will keep until then, lol. If it's "real", and I know it is, then it will be here in the spring, but in the meantime it could be making me a lot of money over this 6 months that it won't be... hhhmmmm. Investments in the offing, folks, and a very big life change for me.

It's going to take a LOT of work to clean up the place inside and out, and there are some small renos I will do too, but it will all be well worth it in the end. Anyone know of someone in my area that would do the yard work and renos for me and be willing to wait to be paid until the house is sold? Sigh!

3 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Good luck with the work. You may not be investing the cash now to earn interest, but taking the time to clean up and properly stage your home will reward you in the end.

Anonymous said...

When you finish you can come clean mine. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL... good luck Crazy! At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky if I EVER get mine done. May just have to hire a garbage truck and men to come fill it a few times with all my "stuff".

Thanks for your kind words, Trav. However, this investment would make me far more money in the next 6 months than the "extra" I'll get for cleaning and staging this place properly. However, I still feel like it should be done right. I never have been one for doing things half way.