Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friday's Feast #12

Friday's Feast
Buffet for the Brain

Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?

I love photography. Not only to look at it, but also to take the photos myself. I also love paintings, though I can't paint or draw myself. My Aunt Mary was a painter and I have some friends now that are too.

Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

That would be today. A good friend of mine phoned and said he was going to get some lunch and would I like some too. I said sure, so he bought it and brought it over here so we had lunch together.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

I am a fairly emotional type of person, but not out of control... so maybe a 7 or 8.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?

Waaaay too long. It varies by day, but between emails and blogging I spend far too much time online. That is why I have slacked off on memes this week.

Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

When I only had my furnace to heat my home, I set the thermostat about 68-70 F during the day and about 60-63 F at night. Since I got a pellet stove, I set the thermostat at about 56-60 F just in case for some reason the pellet stove stops working during the night or when I'm out. This does happen, though rarely if I keep the hopper filled up, lol. The way the house is laid out, the living area is now much warmer than it once was, but the bedroom is much cooler than before. Sometimes uncomfortably cool, but once in bed it's soon just fine.

10 comments:

Nita said...

Great feast! Have a great weekend ahead :)

Kara said...

Brr, your dessert is cold! LOL I like being nice and warm, at least 70-75*

Gill said...

I like your soup - nice friend you've got! Enjoyed your feast. Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

Sandee said...

You dessert is very interesting. You must live in a colder area. We aren't even thinking about turning on the heater yet. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Cold room and warm blanket...recipe for a good sleep

:-D)

Natalie said...

I need a friend like yours...I'm hungry! Great feast!

Anonymous said...

A lovely feast.
Our salad and main course are similar.

What nice friend to bring you lunch and share it with you!

Please visit my feast. I'm very late posting this week.

Judy said...

Happy Friday. I know what you mean about being able to set the thermostat lower in the winter. We don't have a pellet stove but we do have a wood burning stove in our den that keeps the whole house comfortable.

Have a great weekend.

Misty DawnS said...

I can definitely relate to your appetizer and your main course! But, your dessert is too cold for me, I'm a freeze-baby (cold ALL the time).

Anonymous said...

Love your feast and site!