Friday, August 24, 2007

Photo Hunters


Click on Photo Hunter button to find more players

Today’s word/theme for Photo Hunters is Happy.

I am happy that all my decisions are over and done. The following photos are being entered in our local fair. I have them enlarged and waiting for me to "finish them off". I was going to mat them, so purchased the mats, then I read in the rules:

Mats or other mounting material must not extend more than 1 1/2” from the edge of the photo on all sides. If an oval mat is used, the overall dimensions must not exceed what would be accepted for that size of photo plus 1 1/2” on all sides. (The number of entries to be displayed makes this rule necessary -no exceptions will be made).

So now have to go back to town and buy some bristol board, hoping I can get some in dark green and black. Yes, I could cut the mats down to size, but don't want to or I will not be able to frame them later.


Animal(s), domestic or wild, colour:


- Advanced: 8x10



- Novice: 8x10



- Open: 5x7


Botanical, plants, all types, colour:


- Novice: 8x10


Pictorial/Scenic- landscape, seascape, mountains aerials, colour:


- Advanced: 8x10



- Novice: 8x10



I also am entering one jar of my Damson Plum jam.



If you are interested in seeing more of the photos I had to choose from, or the reasons behind the choices I made, check out my other blog: Decisions Decisions.

18 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Good luck at the fair! Your photos are very beautiful. My favourites are the horse and the rainbow.

My happy photos.

Anonymous said...

great photos as a source of ones happiness thanks for sharing them.

jams o donnell said...

Good luck with your phots and your jam. You've selected some real beauties. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your horse photo is stunning. I love animal photography. Is this a local fair. we have a village produce show in my village with a photograph section I had 46 entries in my show and won a trophy too - that made me happy. Hope your photographs do well. Sara from farmingfriends

Carver said...

Great choice for the theme happy. I like all of the photographs. Good job.

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful and happy shots!!

A. said...

Excellent photos and it's good that you're happy with them. The one of the stream makes me particularly happy too. I could sit and look at it for ages.

Daisy said...

Those are beautiful. My favorite is the horse. I love the expression in his face, and his funny whiskers. I looked a little bit like that in my little pink pony costume!

ps: I added you to my blogroll.

Travis Cody said...

You made some very good choices. I really enjoy your photos.

Good thing you re-read those rules!!

Good luck!

Andree said...

You have chosen great entries. Good luck and let us know what happens. I haven't had damson plum jam for ages and ages.

YTSL said...

Nice pictures. A question: How come you entered the "advanced" section in some and "novice" in others?

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! Would really like to try your jam! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :)

Paulie said...

I hope you win some ribbons and that should make you very HAPPY! I enjoyed them all but the rainbow is my favorite -- I think it should have been in a more expert entry tho.

Come see mine.

eph2810 said...

Beautiful photography - I wish you the best for the fair :) I hope you win.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your entries. Especially love the rainbow photo. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Wonderful color and variety in all of them.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely breathtaking photographs. I'm certain you'll be taking home a blue ribbon! Good luck.