Monday, June 04, 2007

Manic Monday - PEACE


Today the topic for Manic Monday is PEACE. This is a topic close to my heart as I want to see World Peace. I am way behind in doing my post today, and I am happy to do it anyway... better late than never, especially for such an important topic.

On December 31, at 12:00 noon Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which is 4:00am PST (where I live), there is a World Peace Meditation held all around the world. When enough people join in this meditation, when enough people live with a consciousness of peace, the scales will be tipped and peace will indeed reign on Earth. I believe this.

For information on this World Healing Day, click here.

There are many prayers and meditations that we do at our church/spiritual centre, all for world
peace, and there is one that we always do each year, the World Healing Meditation.

I believe that there is a Power in the Universe that is greater than I am, and I can use it. I believe there is Creative Love, Universal Mind that is Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent (All Knowing, All Powerful, Everywhere Present). It makes no real difference what you choose to call this Power. I mostly choose to call it God, and for simplicity I will call it God here. The seven aspects of God are: Love, Life, Light, Peace, Power, Beauty & Joy.

One comment that was left on my post for Saturday's Photo Hunters included "Peace is good, but it's not cheap, and it's not free." This was left by someone whose blog is very centered on God and Jesus. I find it so sad that someone like this has, in my opinion, so little true faith in God, though everyone is at their own level in growth and this is perfect in the eyes of God, as this person is perfect in the eyes of God, as we all are. I, as many great minds of our time and in history, believe that it is done unto us as we believe. There is no need for Peace to be difficult, no need for it to be costly! That is a negative belief system. What it takes is showing God that Peace is truly what we want.

If you say "I want peace!" and yet you live in anger and hatred, and make negative judgments towards your self or others, do you think that will show God you want peace on Earth? No, it won't. It's just paying lip service to the thought, while creating an angry, hate filled existence for yourself in which others also judge you negatively.

If you say "I don't want war!" do you think this shows God that you want peace? Nope. It shows a belief in the idea of war... and it is done unto us as we believe.

So, you might be asking, how do we create peace on Earth? We must think PEACE! We must pray for PEACE. We must live a peace-full life, sending peace-full thoughts and feelings to people, even if we are angry at them.
Do you truly want peace? Really? Can you think loving and peaceful thoughts about your enemies? Can you forgive them for their transgressions, real or imagined? Can you send loving thoughts to the people in Afganistan? Forgiveness to people in Iraq? Iran? Or if you live in those countries, can you send true forgiveness, love and thoughts of peace to people in the USA, or in Canada? Can Catholics send loving, peaceful thoughts of forgiveness and unity to Protestants? Can Protestants send those same thoughts to Catholics? Think of who it is you consider an enemy and decide if you can forgive, love and want peace for that person or persons, that religion, that country, etc.

Most important of all.... can you truly and completely forgive and love yourself? "Myself? Why would I have to forgive and love myself? What does that have to do with World Peace? What do I have to forgive myself for, I've not done anything wrong? " These are some of the questions that might be coming up for you. Well, lets see if I can answer a few of these questions for you.

We all have made negative judgments against ourselves and others. ("What an idiot" he/she is or I am, "Why, that _itch", "he's such a jerk", "looser!" {he/she/I}, "I'm so stupid", "homeless people are all drunks/drug addicts/crazy", "blacks are thieves/murderers", "whites are the cause of our problems"... etc. etc.) We have to forgive ourself for making those judgments. We have to forgive "them" for doing whatever we think "they" did. We have to send love and thoughts of peace to them and to ourselves.

Why? Because if we don't forgive, if we don't love, if we don't think thoughts of peace and serenity, we are not living in a consciousness of peace. If we are not living in a consciousness of peace what consciousness are we living in? Well, what do you think? What is the opposite of peace? Remember, whatever consciousness you are living in is the experience you are creating. So what are you creating?

Do you truly want peace? Really? Maybe the person that said "Peace is good, but it's not cheap, and it's not free" wasn't totally wrong after all. The cost is being willing to change within yourself. The cost is being willing to "do the work", being willing to live your life in a peaceful & loving manner, being open to accepting other people, even when we don't know them or understand them. The cost is being willing to see the good, the "God" in every other person, knowing that God created them and you,. That God loves you unconditionally, as He/She/It also loves "them" unconditionally. To me, the cost is negligible compared to the end result.


I send to each and every one of you: LOVE!
I forgive myself for ever having thought ill of you or your kind (nationality, color, religion, etc).
I forgive you for any thing you or your kind have done that I may have conceived as wrong or harmful to others.
I send thoughts of PEACE and Joy to all persons of the world!
Bless you!



Please leave me Fabulous Feedbacks to this post, and if you have a Manic Monday post up please leave a link to it with Mr. Linky below so I can come visit your blog too.




12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

better late than never is right my friend! peace to you!

smiles, bee

Sandee said...

Well, you may have been late, but what a powerful post. Awesome. Peace :)

Durward Discussion said...

Absolutely wonderful post. If only we could all broadcast PEACE.

Lizza said...

I absolutely agree with you. Peace has to start from within, and that involves changes in our way of thinking.

Have a great week!

Stine said...

When late is as good as this...

Thanks for the visit!

Unknown said...

Very well said. I Read through it 3 times. Great manic Monday post.

Peace to you.

Later Y'all.

Anonymous said...

may peace be with us always so that we may live in harmony.

Carrie said...

Wow, great post!!

Thanks for stopping by my MM :)

Travis Cody said...

I like this post. Your words are always worth the wait.

Forest Dogs said...

What an amazing post! I've always believed how you think and how you act towards yourself and others is how life is... Your post is wonderful, and it truly sums it up! Thank you!

Annelisa XX

Forest Dogs said...

oops, that was mom posting, but she forgot to tell us to get off the computer first :-)

Elaine said...

I enjoyed reading and reflecting on this post regarding peace - thanks for writing it!