Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thoughts & Catching Up - 2

So, what are some of the things I've been doing with my time? If you read my blog often you know I went to Omak WA for the Stampede & Suicide Race on the second weekend of August. I drove down there Friday Aug. 7th, (my nephew Denny's 43rd birthday... or is that my brother-in-law Randy's birthday? Always get those 2 mixed up, one is the 7th, the other the 10th... but I digress.) I got to the stampede grounds about supper time & found Mike at the motor home, waiting for me. I knew exactly where he would be parked as it's the same place we've parked every year for the last 5 years, lol. Usually I drive to Mike's, about 15 - 20 minutes north of the border, leave my truck there & go in the motor home. This year he went down a day early so I drove my truck right to Omak. I really enjoyed that, actually. This night, Mike cooked dinner for us rather than going to a restaurant as we so often do, then we walked over to 'vendor row' as I call it, to have a look around and to let Jerry know I had arrived. Mike had already told Jerry I was coming down. It was really cool to see how happy Jerry was to see me when I got there. He is a friend that runs a lemonade & kettle corn stand at various functions, including the stampede. I usually leave Omak on Sunday morning, right after the parade, though this time I saw Mike off then went to say good-bye to Jerry & some other friends I've met through him, Robin & Marnie. Well, I got talked into staying an extra day... ya, okay, my rubber arm got twisted, lol. It was a wonderful trip & I still think of it often. I am already looking forward to going again next year... and to think I almost didn't go this year, sheeesh! I had some US money left from my earlier trip to the US, so had spending money, though gas money was an issue. At the last minute Mom gave me $60 for painting her railing for her, so I went. As I'd been driving up there, I had told the Universe that if I 'found' $50-60 for gas I'd go to Omak. I took it as a sign, and I went. I will make sure to save some up this year so there will be no doubt come next summer, and I will drive my truck all the way to Omak on Thursday where I will spend then entire weekend in Jerry's motor home. Mike said he doesn't think he'll bother going next year, and I'd already decided I won't be going on any more trips with him. He is just getting harder & harder to get along with, always so negative and getting nasty. It's just not worth the stress, especially when I could be somewhere I'm happy, with someone who I enjoy spending time with. I might even work in the booth next year and make some $$ if I'm going to be hanging out there anyway.

I took loads of photos, including some of Jerry and of Robin & Marnie. Then when I was downloading them from camera to computer I somehow messed up and deleted most of what was on the camera. I was very upset for awhile, though life goes on and so do I.

No comments: