Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thoughts & Catching Up - 3

When I got home, Monday August 10th it was a big job to pull everything together for the Pasta Productions I had committed to putting on... on Saturday the 15th. As I didn't have enough volunteers (only had 1 in fact) I knew I'd have to do all the work myself. I decided to buy pasta sauce in jars and just fry up some onions & peppers to add to the sauce, and some ground beef to some of the sauce (have to have meat and vegetarian), then Linda was bringing Alfredo sauce, homemade, as well as helping cook the pasta & make the salad, etc. in the kitchen at the Centre. I also would set up tables & chairs, dress the tables, etc etc etc, then clean up later & set up for Sunday Service the next morning. Talking to a friend, George, he asked how I planned to do the sauce & I told him. He suggested I let him come do the cooking, LOL. I accepted. Dinner was late getting onto the table, but it was delicious!! A fabulous meal. I would prefer things to run on time, and I am grateful when they run... period. The concert was awesome!! Master guitarist Chris Madsen opened for the guest of honor, Anthony Burbidge. If you'd like to hear some of Anthony's music, you can do so on his web site. The next day, he performed a song at Sunday Service as well, and I bought a copy of his newest CD which he autographed for me "Alice - Queen of Pasta, Goddess of Love. Thank you. Anthony" Also on Sunday Patric Creelman performed 2 songs. He's been a regular at our Centre all summer as he's been up from New York City visiting his parents here. WOW can that man SING!! He even got a standing ovation, which he deserved. He's promised me he'll do a Pasta Productions for me when he's up here again so I look forward to that and will build a special production around him.

In the meantime, I have already got plans under way for the next Pasta Productions. It will be October 16th, to celebrate the 18th anniversary of the Centre in our city. I have a lady, Dawn, who asked a few weeks ago if she can do a reading of something she's written at an upcoming production... and my friend Cheif White Buffalo Man Many Feathers wants to do some of his traditional native singing & dancing, all painted up and in full regalia. That should be very interesting. Not sure who else will be performing yet, but I do know it will be fabulous... and as always I will be the MC for the evening. I also know I will have enough voluteers for this next one, they'll come as I need them so long as I trust and don't doubt. As much as I loved having George do the cooking and it was fabulous!!, I don't want to use him for the next one. I am honest and have told him that I am not ready to settle down into a committed relationship, just be friends and date and he seems cool with that for which I am grateful. When he's there I feel I have to be somewhat attentive to him and I know with Cheif there I won't want to be attentive to anyone but the Cheif. We don't see each other all that often and when we do it's special time. I've always felt a strong connection with him, even back when I knew him as Dean. He's a native spiritual man, a shaman, and he's told me that I was his wife in a past life. I believe him as my heart tells me it's the truth.

No comments: