Sunday, June 07, 2009

What's Up?

Hi all. I haven't been posting to my blog much lately, or visiting my blogger friends. This is very odd for me as I love to do these things. In several ways I'm not quite myself lately... hmmmm. I've been getting up in the morning at a much more "normal" time for others though very abnormal time for me. I even got up at 6am last Sunday and stayed up all day!!! Well, mind you, I did have a really great reason for that (later story).

I've not been watching TV must at all, and most times I have it on I am not actually paying attention to it. Tonight I didn't even turn it on. Very odd indeed!

Yesterday I even started cleaning my house! Yes!! I know!! I worked in the living room until I couldn't move without shots of pain in my back, then went and laid down for awhile. When I awoke and got up again I felt much better and went right back to work. My living room is almost like a different place it looks so good. Oh, there's still lots to do, and the main area of it is now clean. Crap picked up, area rug vacuumed, floor swept and washed. Utterly amazing, I tell you!! I even took away one of the parrot cages & soaked it in the tub, then washed it all down. This morning I gave it back to them and took the other one, into the tub it went and this evening when I got home I washed it all down too. Now they have 2 fresh, clean cages... and new plastic under them to catch the droppings. My Indian Ringneck Parrots both live free in and out of their cages which are close together so they can move between them. Paco over grooms (has since before I got him) so his wing & tail feathers are too damaged to fly (yes, if he would quit destroying them, they would eventually molt out and good ones grow in). DW can fly though I have kept her wing feathers trimmed back so she can't (or she gets into too much trouble). They've grown out now so I think she could fly if she tried. If I'm lucky she won't try and I won't have to be the grinch that cuts the feathers again. With neither of them flying it is possible to let them live free without being caged up. One drawback to having them live like this, though, is that the cage wires get dirtier than if the bird is locked inside, so means the need to occationally give them a major scrubbing like I just did. Feels great to have done it.

This morning I got up at 7:30am, and hour earlier and much easier than usual Sunday mornings (the rest of the week is later than Sundays). I planned to be early for the Sunday Service and that didn't happen. I did some laundry, did the above with the cages, fed & watered all the birds (this is a daily thing in the mornings), updated the Centre's Membership List to be ready for the Board meeting this afternoon, and did a few other things around the house. I ended up being very late and only caught the end of the service, sigh... oh well, at least I got there in time for the pot luck lunch and the Board meeting.

So you see, I'm really not myself these days. With all the things happening in my life that are so different, I think I may have to get a group of Mesothelioma lawyers and their paralegals, or some Private Investigators or something to look into it and find out what is going on. What happened to the real me that so loves to blog? Actually, I think it's maybe got something to do with being summer, long days that are light much earlier as well as much later, and the 8 parrots (2 Indian Ringnecks, 4 Peachfaced Lovebirds, 2 Budgies. Yes, Lovebirds & Budgies/Budgerigars/Parakeets are little parrots) all chirping and singing and occationally screaching to welcome the new day.... well, I think some of that is wearing off on me. Then by evening, I'm too tired to blog.

Don't forget me though... don't count me out... I will be back. I'm not gone, just on hiatus or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's good and healthy to take some time out. Good for you...just do what you have to do and enjoy...I for one will be here when you get back... :) Aloha my friend

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thank you so much, Thom!! I send you love & hugs, my friend. Your words bring a feeling of overwhelming joy to my heart!!

quilly said...

Like Thom says, most of us probably aren't going far. Enjoy your life, then when you finally decide to return to blogging, you'll have a fresh outlook and lots of adventures to share.

clairesgarden said...

not much bloggin going on at mine either, still like to pop in now and again to check in on you! keep being well!