Monday, June 08, 2009

Manic Monday

The word this week, Mo tells us on Manic Monday homepage, is:
Shine

There are a few things that come to mind when I hear/read the word shine. Some of them are as follows:

- the last while, other than today, we've had a lot of sunshine around here. It went from unusually cold temps to unusually hot temps in the space of under a week. Toasty! After such a long, cold winter/spring that just wouldn't quit, it has been wonderful to have hot, sunny weather to enjoy.

- if you have zits and use acne treatments your face could clear up and that would likely make you shine.

- John Denver's song... "Sunshine On My Shoulders"



- with summer upon us here in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, there are a LOT of classic & antique cars/trucks out & about on the roads. They have all been given a wash and a shine before going out on the road.

- last Sunday, May 31, I was out on a Memorial Ride for a friend who passed away last fall. There were about 40 motorcycles all riding together. There was a lot of shine on these bikes as we rode down the roads in the sunshine. Needless to say, I took a LOT of photographs that day. The best of them are posted on the internet and you can see them here. We rode 246 kilometers that day, and it's the first time in many years that I've been on a bike, though I used to ride a fair bit (always on the back). I'm sure there must have been some major shine in my eyes, and I know I was grinning from ear to ear all day. I still feel the joy of the ride whenever I think of it. Not only did I love being 'in the wind' again, I also enjoyed meeting some great new friends, and being reunited with some long ago ones.

- I've been cleaning my home and bird cages, etc. One could say I'm putting a shine on this place.

And with that, I will bid you ad____, ad_____..... hmmm, I'll just say "Good night".


Happy Manic Monday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent my friend. I really enjoyed this..good night :)

quilly said...

I am sick and on my way back to bed. You can bring some of that energy over here and clean my house.

Nessa said...

All very good selections for the shine theme.

Travis Cody said...

I've always liked that song and I'm not ashamed to admit it. John Denver could write some lovely music.

Happy MM!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Let my little light shine.