Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September 1st

September 1st, 1973 was the day I married Everett. I was 17, he 18. Just babes thinking we were old enough. Our marriage failed. I still wonder if it would have had a chance if we'd been older. Everett passed away of a brain aneurysm June 18, 1999.

Now... moving on (and if need be I can give a list of moving tips for moving on, lol), I've not felt much like writing anything lately, not sure why. However, I do want to get back into my blogging again, so I am going to commit to writing at least something every day of September. While reading a book I have, chapter 3 was about laughing and laughter is a very important part of my life. It is something I believe has kept me alive all these years... and it is something that I usually do a lot of and have not felt much like doing the last couple days. No particular reason that I'm aware of, just feeling a bit down. And what is down must go up!!! So, for the month of September, going into the shorter days which bother me, I am going to post something every day about laughter. This will focus my mind (and hopefully yours) on the positive, up beat, wonderful world of laughing and joy. What we focus on is attracted into our lives, so I know that I will be doing a lot of laughing really soon.

For tonight, here are some quotes:
- "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - e.e. cummings
- "Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." - Victor Hugo
- "A laugh, to be joyous, must flow from a joyous heart, for without kindness, there can be no true joy." - Thomas Carlyle


I am grateful to have many things in my life to laugh about.
I am grateful for the healing of my heart through laughter, many times in my life time.
I am grateful for good jokes and good friends that inspire me to laugh.
I am grateful that my animals so often inspire me to laugh with little things they do.
I am grateful for all the times I've laughed with my mother.
I am grateful I can laugh at myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my friend...a sad day for you but I'm sure it brings on many great memories for you. Happy Anniversary and may your thoughts and wises all come true. :)

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thanks much, Thom. You're a sweetheart!!

Quilly said...

Alice, may the remembrance of your wedding day bring only memories of the good times.

Anonymous said...

Most welcome my friend :)