Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Lovebirds Flying North

I decided awhile ago that I wasn't going to keep the 4 Peach-faced Lovebirds I've had since early this year. I get so much pleasure out of the 2 Indian Ringneck Parrots (DW & Paco), the Cockatiel (Tiki) & Parrotlet (Friday) when they ride on my shoulders & head and in many ways interact with me. Meanwhile, the Lovebirds are breeding pairs so are not friendly pets. I haven't really been enjoying them a lot. I posted them on the internet and Lyn up in Kitimat BC wants them to go live with her. She has been getting several pairs of birds lately so I guess she's getting into breeding them. They were to go on the plane today, flight was all booked and everything, birds were even caught and put into the small wooden box I built for shipping them in... and I had to cancel the reservation. Air Canada requires, and rightly so, contact information for the person on the other end and I didn't have that so I emailed Lyn and due to being very busy at work she didn't check her email last night so by the time she did this morning it was too late. Now I have that info and have the flight booked again for tomorrow. I will get up early again and again catch the birds and close them up in the wooden box, then I will make the approximately 45 minute drive to the airport to check them in 2 hours before the flight. They will fly from Kelowna to Vancouver (about 1 hour flight) where they will be taken off the plane and put in a temperature controlled room for nearly 4 hours, then put onto another plane for the 2 hour flight to Terrace where Lyn will pick them up and drive the approximately 45 minute drive to her place. The little birds have a big day ahead of them. By rights, they should be in their new home now.... sigh.

I believe there is always a reason for everything whether we ever know that reason or not, and that I am divinely guided and protected... so I know that there was some good reason why the email with Lyn's address and phone number didn't get here in time for me to make the trip today. It felt like a real PITA (Pain In The A _ _) at the time, though I know it somehow was a good thing.

Guess I'd best be off to bed so I can be up and out of here on time. :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe like you do that everything has a purpose. What a journey they are going to have to make. :) It is a pleasure to see what tender loving care you take of them to go to all this for them...amazing my friend :)

Louise | UPrinting.com said...

You have so many pet birds! It's amazing how you can take care of all of them. I applaud you for that. :)

Quilly said...

Safe trip for the birdies - -and safe trip to you, too! Go sign up for Melli's photo scavenger hunt and take your camera!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thom - Ya, I kinda love critters and do what I can for them... besides, the gal that bought these birds paid for the crate & my gas to the airport as well as for the air fare all on top of the cost of the birds... as it should be. :o)

Louise - Thank you. I now have 4 fewer birds than I did 12 hours ago, they flew to a new home (literally, lol).

Quilly - Thanks much. I had a great trip and the birds arrived at their new home in good shape. I went to Melli's as you suggested and signed up for the photo challenge. Should be a LOT of fun.