Wednesday, April 22, 2009

*** I Am Grateful ***

Today was a good day, as always.

I did:
- some of my Passion Test homework, though didn't get it finished.
- took all seed, veggie, water dishes from the 5 bird cages, soaked them in bleach water then scrubbed them with a brush & rinsed. Then filled them all and gave them back.
- Tried to visit Thom's blog and couldn't get there... it wouldn't come up. Tried again tonight and got on.
- went to the Centre and did my volunteer work... finished & printed out the Sunday programs so Lorraine could put them together. Printed out the Volunteer Information Forms I created yesterday. Printed sheets of labels to put onto the donation envelopes, then put many of them onto the envelopes. Talked to Rev. Sheila about being a volunteer coordinator, she used to be one, things like expectations and such. I really hadn't planned on becoming a volunteer coordinator, I have more than enough to do already. I just was getting volunteers for Pasta Productions this Friday and it somehow has ballooned on me. Oh well, if it helps the Centre to grow and prosper then it's worth it. I am also looking for volunteers to take over some of my work there, so it could still be a benefit to me.
- A Course In Miracles study group 5-6:30pm
- went to get a piece of chicken & a green salad from A&W, also drove across town to the Dollarama (closer stores were already closed) and got a couple sheets of bristle board for this evenings class
- back to the Centre for the Passion Test class. Part of what we did this eve was make Vision Boards, cut pictures and words from magazines to paste on our bristle board sheets. We each were to do this based on what our passions are, though I didn't find much to support my passions, so did mine on other things I'd like to create in my life... like an organized home, and a few other things. It did partially support my passions, just not to the extent I'd have liked. I can still do more at home if I want to take some time for fun, creative work... I have lots of magazines I could go through.
- forgot my stainless steel water canteen at the Centre
- received an award.... TWICE. Two different people gave me the same one. Tomorrow I will think about that.


I've not been using the heat in my home lately which has been very nice. Tonight it's feeling really quite cold in here so I think the stove could use with being lit. Problem being that I don't have pellets in the house and there's a bunch of 'crap' in front of the pellet pallet out in the carport. Guess I'll just let the furnace kick in when it gets to that, and I will be warm in my bed soon anyway.

I want to write my Three Word Thursday... and I'm just too tired tonight. Soooo, I will get to that in the morning. I usually go to TOPS on Thursday mornings, and I think I will just skip it this week. I still have to choose which poems I've written that I want to share on Friday night as part of the concert. Cutting it a bit close, and that's my life lately. I wonder sometimes if I was to cut back on things so I had more time if I would get things done, or just sit here and watch TV or play MahJong on the computer, and still do things last minute.

- I am grateful for everything I did today
- I am grateful that some nights I can just think about being grateful and don't have to write them all out when I really need to go feed critters and go to bed before I fall asleep with my noze in the keyboard.
- I am grateful .... pure and simple!!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Grateful list. Alice I'm sorry you couldn't get on my blog. I had a problem and deleted the wrong file and I had to wait for Bert, who I use for my server, to fix it. He got it done pronto and I couldn't post anything. That damn delete button. Anyway...great list...I really enjoyed it :) P.S. It's back up and running now hehehehe

quilly said...

You couldn't find Thom's blog because somebody accidentally deleted it.

clairesgarden said...

you're having a busy time there! hoping you're keeping well and happy!

Ana l Carpet Flooring said...

Precisely there are so many things we have to be grateful about and they are too many to mention. Well, let me thank you for opening my eyes to see and appreciate what are the things I sometimes neglected.
Continue to inspire folks! You are awesome.