Monday, August 11, 2008

Awards Given To Me (a.k.a. Loading My Blog!)

It would seem that some people have not problems at all with the loading of my blog (see How Does My Blog Load for more on this topic)... while others do have some problems. Is this my blog or their computer? Who knows. Tom did suggest that it could have something to do with one of the pictures on my sidebar, but didn't know which one. I am doing whatever I can to get rid of the problem, so have removed from my sidebar the blog awards I have been honored with. I will put them into this post so they will still be on my blog, even though hot displayed on the home page.

Please let me know if you have had problems with the loading of my blog and if this helps or not. Your feed back will help me a lot to get my blog loading properly for you and my other visitors. Your input is very much appreciated. Thank you!!!








I have also removed other things, including Pay Per Post signs, BlogRush (in all the time that's been up, I've never received so much as one cent, so removing it is no big deal anyway). I will wait now to see if anyone finds this helps alleviate the problem before I remove anything else.


EDIT: I just received a new comment from Tom and he is still having this problem (see comment in Comments if you like). So now I've removed the clock, bummer, it was cute. Oh well, now you can't see at a glance what time it is here. Also removed the You Spam, I Delete photo/message & Alta Vista's Babble Fish language translator. Let's see if this helps. I'm also going to contact Melli tomorrow and see if she has any suggestions (see Tom's comment to see why Melli). I also will reply to Tom tomorrow. Tonight I'm wanting to sleep, haha.

EDIT #2: Thank You to Melli and Storyteller for their suggestions. I've now changed from the animated Canadian Flag to non-animated graphic, so hope that works. If not, I will be removing all the drop down blogrolls and most likely will start a new blog just to hold those blogrolls, with a link to it from this blog. I also have drop down blogrolls on Reba's Run. Has anyone had issues loading Reba's Run? Tom, Travis, etc... can you please go there and see how it loads for you?? This could be very helpful in clearing up the problem. Thanks much.

4 comments:

Tom said...

Hi Alice
Thanks for your message today....
Alas the problem still persists for me, what hapens is as soon as I click the link to your blog your page comes up, then the mouse/cursor dose not respond, it seems to move on it's own. All this time the loading bar at the bottom of the page is working away, it will say 'Done'...but it starts loading something again. This will happen a few times.

My PC is quite a fast one, with a fast chip, and more memory added. I am on broadband connection and using the lastest version of internet explorer. Saying all that the problem could be mine... but I don't think so.

Another blog I visited had this very same problem 'Melli' who is on Sky Watch.. I had to give up going there each week until I had an email asking me to visit as she had removed certain graphics from her side bar... I went and I was pleased to find no problem at all. I now visit each week for Sky Watch and I drop in there once or twice to see and read her very funny posts.

Sky Watch now as over 300 blogs, I link and visit another 50-60 during the week.. I'm sorry to say that the problem only happens here. I informed you out of curtesy not out of malice, I just wanted to make you aware it was happening.

Please feel free to contact me again over this... and feel free to use my email if you so wish.
Tom
Sky Watch Host

storyteller said...

As I said previously … your blog loads fine for me always. I’m using Mozilla on my new Dell Inspiron 1720 with a wireless Internet connection. That said … a while back a few folks were having trouble with my Small Reflections Blog … saying it wouldn’t load and/or they couldn’t leave comments. I created a 3rd Blog for my Blog Rolls & Bling … moving all of that ‘stuph’ over there and everybody says it’s a big improvement … so if all else fails, you could try something similar. I have links in my sidebars to the 3rd blog as well as different types of posts (mostly by labels but some by directories) and vice versa. Good luck with your transitions ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Mo and The Purries said...

I had a problem a while back, but today it loaded A-OKAY!

Anonymous said...

I'm new at this place n' I've sought to say hi to you all =D

I have been visiting this web site for couple of months and it appeared as a awesome palce to be a part of.