Thursday, August 06, 2009

Stuff & Such

Hmmmm.... just had to moderate 4 posts. Rejected them all. They were all from 'Anonymous' and in another language. Like I'd allow any of those on my blog. Sheeeesh!! It is because of spammers like this that I have to moderate my blogs all the time instead of just letting them all post automatically. Anyway......

In early July I went to the US, to Washington State to be exact, for the 4th weekend. One the way back, I picked up a porcelain tile that says "My House Was Clean Yesterday, Sorry You Missed It." It has a drawing of a house that is terribly messy. Kinda reminds me of my place :o(

And on a more cheerful note.... I'm going to Omak to the Stampede & Suicide Race! In all the times I've seen the Suicide Race, I've seen a couple times where a horse fell, though none where any horse was hurt. Just now as I was over at YouTube getting a movie of the race for you to watch, I watched one done by the Humane Society. They only showed 2 crashes, though they showed them over & over & over as they talked about how cruel this event is to the horses and that over the many years of the race, there has been 15 recorded horse deaths. Now I'm not so sure I want to see the race any more. I do love horses. From what I've seen I didn't really think it was so bad, though that video sure makes it look/sound cruel.

Here is a video for you that is not by the Humane Society or any other group of that nature. In this there aren't any bad crashes or horses injured. This is more like the races I've seen over the last 4 or 5 years and I usually watch 2 races each year.



I was thinking I would not be going this year, however, I do have just over $70us left from before, so there's spending money... just need gas money. Today as I was driving to visit Mom, I sent thoughts to the Universe that if I found some money for gas, like maybe laying on the street or something, I would go. It takes about $50-60 for gas to Oliver BC, then I go down to Omak with Mike in his motor home. While at Mom's I did some work for her. I scraped old paint off the railing along the wheelchair ramp, then painted it and later swept the area. It needs another coat of paint, in my opinion, and I will do that next week when I go up there again. Later, Mom hands me 3 $20 bills and insist I take them for doing the work for her. GAS MONEY!! So I phoned Mike to tell him. He's leaving a day early as he didn't think I was going, so now I have to drive all the way to Omak in my truck and meet him there. Oh well, not all that bad. I think it's about a 45 minute drive, give or take a bit. You'd think I'd know, having gone there 4 or 5 times, but I wasn't driving and didn't pay attention to the time it took. I know Mike often drives to Omak just to shop, so can't be all that far. I actually rather like the idea of having my own truck there. Guess I better clean it all out before I go as there are a lot of things in there that don't need to be, I've been planning to clean it for some time now. Better not to cross the border with anything more than needed.

Well, off to bed now. I have to get up tomorrow and head north to my TOPS meeting, then come back and clean the truck, pack, take care of my animals, and head out. Or I might wait until Friday morning to leave even though Mike will likely be expecting me sometime tomorrow. Maybe I'll try calling him when I get up and see if he's left yet.... hmmmm.

TTYS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that suicide race. I'd love to see that :) I love your sign that you picked up. Have a great time there :) PS Don't ya just hate spam (not the real kind we eat LOL)

quilly said...

Alice, I wonder how old the PETA footage was. I recall doing some research last year when you went and finding that the race isn't near as dangerous as it used to be, and that it had been quite some time since any horses (or people) were horrendously injured. PETA isn't beyond twisting and/or distorting facts to make their point. If they had a little more integrity, they might actually get my support. As it is, I don't trust them.

Have a good time!