Friday, June 26, 2009

*** Wordzzle Challenge ***

Raven, at Views From Raven's Nest, is the hostess of this word puzzle, Wordzzle. You will find her story there as well as links to other writers of this challenge. The words/phrases to work with this week are:

Main Challenge (10): Chorus line, clam chowder, apples, jack-in-the-box, puddles, Iran, quarry, housekeeping, speed, letter

Mini Challenge (5): motorcycle, grandiose, summer, flying off the handle, blue jays


My Mini Challenge (5):

Here I sit on a nice summer night, enjoying the grandiose pleasure of my life. As I dream of being off somewhere riding a motorcycle, I sit here in my computer chair with 2 birds bedded down on top of my head. One is blue, though neither of them are blue jays. They are free to fly around my home much of the time. I've seen them flying off their cage to catch up to me as I go away from them, I've seen them flying off the other bird cages, I've seen them flying off the top of the hutch on my computer desk... though I have never seen them flying off the handle. Haha. Oddly enough this is a true story.


My Main Challenge (10):

Sally rushed from her job in the hospital's housekeeping department, to her other job in the Chorus line. As she drove quickly through the city traffic she ate what would pass for her dinner this evening... clam chowder in a thermos and cut up pieces of apples. It was a rainy evening and she drove right through the puddles, not even trying to miss them. As she drove past the quarry, Sally didn't even notice that a man from Iran stood on the dark, wet sidewalk, waiting to cross the street, and her speed caused her to splash cold, dirty water all over him. She was thinking only of getting to the set of "jack-in-the-box" on time, and of the letter she had received today. The letter told of some cardboard displays her friend Matt was making of Farrah Fawcett & of Michael Jackson, both having left the earth on June 25th and it was his way of saying Bon Voyage.


I wrote the above last night.... now at 4pm Saturday, I remembered I had only gotten half way through the Mega 15. I am again 'time challenged', so have decided to skip the Mega 15 or you won't ever get any of this. Have a wonderful day!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them Alice. These are great. And a wonderful tribute :) Aloha

Richard said...

Alice: good story about your birds. My experience with birds is limited to babysitting an African Grey for a couple of weeks. But that's another story.

Raven said...

Nice to see you again. I enjoyed both of your stories, though I think the true story was my favorite. I can just see your sweet budgies sitting with you and flitting around.

quilly said...

I'm feeling way sorry for the guy from Iran! I am also thinking that cause should have an effect and I want to know what it was!

Akelamalu said...

Not seeing the birds fly of the handle made me chuckle!

I like how you managed to get up to date news (Farrah and Michael) in your second story. :)

se7en_pearl said...

i want to ask,
is it chincilla a rat??
this is my first time im open ur blog, n i like ur story..
keep goin yo...