Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ABC Wednesday & Wordless Wednesday


ABC Wednesday!

I missed last week, due to a lot of crazy things going on in my life at the time, so this week I am going to post last week's C as well as this week's D... and I don't know about you, but I think I'm doing that rather creatively, lol.

Reba & I went walking at our favorite Dog Park a couple days ago, and I took these photos. The water you see is BX Creek, and that's my dogger, Reba. I love how the water is so calm, so clean and so clean, as well as nearly hidden by the ice and snow.


This dog is one of Reba's friends, Sadie. She likes to play in the creek, though Reba stayed out of it completely.


We had a really wonderful walk, and Reba was totally tired out by the time we got back. After being sick, she'll need some time to get back to normal. She's still on meds and will be for some time, and though she has gained some weight back she still has a ways to go. I think the exercise was good for us both, though for her I think we over did it a bit, but she is showing no ill effects from it.

Oh oh, guess I'm not so wordless as usual this Wednesday.

.

12 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I didn't know that REba was unwell. I'm so glad she is well on the mend. She certainly looks like she enjoyed her walk! Happy WW

Anonymous said...

OF course Sadie likes to play in the creek. That's a lab!

Gattina said...

Nice to read that Reba feels much better ! a good walk in the fresh air is certainly good.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Jams - yes, unfortunately, Reba has had pneumonia the last while and was quite sick. She had me rather scared for a bit there that we would be parting ways.

Quilly - Sadie is Boarder Collie, actually, or at least mostly.

Gattina - Thank you, and yes, fresh air walks are always a good thing.

D Herrod said...

Beautiful dog. Is she a Lab?

Michele said...

Aww.... I'm glad all is going well and Reba is on the mend. It looks still quite cold out there... brrrr... but still very pretty indeed!!!
Thanks so much for visiting me, Alice... Hope Reba continues to heal nicely!

photowannabe said...

Great combo of C and D. Glad your Reba is getting better.

Tumblewords: said...

Dogs are pretty neat...your photos are, too!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

D Herrod - Thanks. Nope, Reba is a Rottweiler, and her friend Sadie is a Boarder Collie, though Sadie may have some other breed in here too, not sure.

Michele - Thank you. Your words are much appreciated.

Photowannabe - Thank you!!!

Tumblewords - ya, I wouldn't want to live without a dog now, lol. Glad you like the photos.

Reba has her own blog, by the way, and she has photos there too that you most likely will enjoy. She also is giving more info on her health there. Reba’s Run

Robin M said...

Reba is beautiful. Glad to hear she is feeling better. Very creative with the abc wednesday.

Forgetfulone said...

Reba is adorable. Thanks for stopping by my ABC post!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Reba hasn't been well. I hope she recovers fully soon!

Good idea not to go paddling in that ice cold water, Reba!