Sunday, November 02, 2008

NoBloPoMo Explained etc...

Wow, it's already November 1st... time sure is flying by. I think I say that at the start of almost every month lately, lol, but it really does seem like time is going by faster now than ever before.

November is NoBloPoMo (November Blog Post Month), and 2008 is the 3rd year of this event. To participate in NoBloPoMo, you commit to posting something to your blog every day for this month. I know I did this with no problem last year, and maybe even before that, though I don't remember for sure and I'm just not going to the archives just now as I have to get to bed soon, and have much to do before I go.

Today, something I've been working on, to do with NoBloPoMo, is taking email addresses for New Thought Spiritual Centres from the Creative Thought Magazine, and sending them a letter inviting the ministers and practitioners to join in and send me something, anything, to do with Peace so I can post what they say here and on Reba's Run. I hope I will get lots of positive response to this. I started up a new Gmail account especially for this, and so far have copied 142 email addresses into my contacts, and I am not yet finished. Opening this new account messed things up here, so I had a very hard time signing in to this account and to Reba's Run... but I seem to have it all straightened out now.

My goal for NoBloPoMo is to post every day of November on Peace. This will also work in conjunction with Blog Blast for Peace which takes place November 6. If I get enough feedback, enough things sent to me to post, then I will continue posting them every day until they run out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I signed up for NoBloPoMo the first year it ran. They acknowledged I signed up -- and never visited me again, thanked me for playing, or counted me among those who succeeded -- even though I did. I take it you've hadd a better experience.

storyteller said...

What a lovely idea. I’m participating in NaBloPoMo and the Blog Blast for Peace, but I have no idea what I’ll wind up posting about because I’m much too ‘random’ at the moment to make plans like this and carry them out. I shall, however, look forward to YOUR peace posts because peace is a central goal in my life.
Hugs and blessings,