Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Remember

I share with you an interesting article written by
Rev. Dale Jukes


"I Remember"

It is a fascinating thing to me, how little control I seem to have over the wanderings of my mind. I practice a degree of control, I practice at least being in control of the tendency of my thoughts. Yet still I frequently find my thoughts buzzing around some less savory experience of my own or another’s and I am called to reassert my mental dominion. It is not easy yet I believe it is valuable, possibly even the most valuable thing I do in any given moment.


Today is Remembrance Day here in Canada, Victory day in the States and in many countries across the ocean it is Armistice day. On a day like today I find the challenge of being consciously alert to the patterns of my thinking almost a full time job in itself. The tendency of thought seems to be toward loss; the ‘price’ we paid and the wars we fought.


Read more....



.

No comments: