Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reflections on Ruby Tuesday


Welcome to this week's Ruby Tuesday, hosted my Mary the Teach at Work Of The Poet.


Our current photo challenge is hosted by Quilly. Sunday through Saturday, the challenge is to post photos of Reflections!

The photo in this "poster" is one I took in the Kootenays in 2007.



I thought that this week you might enjoy some nice red flowers... and a very old hotel, the 1892 Armstrong Hotel. I think this hotel, still in business in 2008, is a reflection on the local history of the area where I live.

I have lots of photos of mountains reflected in the still waters of lakes, and you might still see some this week, but I thought that this type of reflection might be just a bit different for the day. Just in case you don't think this is fair, I'll post one of those at the bottom, haha.





Happy Ruby Tuesday!!




Happy Reflections on life.


18 comments:

Gayle said...

What a fabulous building.

judi/Gmj said...

happy ruby tuesday to you too!

Leora said...

Love those old fashioned houses all bedecked with flowers. And the lake below is splendid.

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Hi,
Hotel with a romantic touch in architecture, and with the ornamentation, the beautiful red blossoms of the balcony.
hugs, Denise

Anonymous said...

nice series of pictures. Love the building.

Anonymous said...

The Armstrong Hotel looks like an interesting place to go. Lovely reflection in the water.

Raven said...

What a lovely series of photos. That old hotel looks like a wonderful place and the reflection shots are beautiful.

maryt/theteach said...

Great post for Ruby Tuesday (such a lovely house and decorative flowers)and Reflect This for Quilly! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit but I've never done Ruby Tuesday. Maybe you saw my comment at Quilly, she's a good friend.

Dianne said...

that building is amazing, magnificent!

wonderful photos.

Jientje said...

It's a wonderful reflection, Alice!

Anonymous said...

Yes they are good pictures, i have tried before to take pictures myself but they always turn out rubbish..

Anonymous said...

What a stunning building - the colours are just lovely!

Ralph said...

The flower boxes take us back to the days of real hospitality...and no room A/C.

A stylish and classy throwback to a bygone era...

Carletta said...

What a wonderful old hotel!
The reflection on the history was a clever idea and there are reflections in the windows!
I like the lake reflection - it reminds me of fall which will be here soon.

Melli said...

Ohhhhhhh WOW! I love BOTH your Ruby Tuesday's AND your reflection! Those flowers are just absolutely gorgeous! I so envy people who can keep them alive! And that autumn scene in the lake is just ... magnificent!

Travis Cody said...

I love the hanging plants.

Dragonstar said...

Nice! Your reflections are lovely.