Friday, May 23, 2008

Alphabet Photo Challenge - - W


Alphabet Photo Challenge
originated at Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and runs for the first 26 days of May. Each day you post photos that you took, that have to do with that days letter.
Are you interested in
viewing my earlier letters?

I must admit that I was planning to do some "water" photos for W... I have a lot of them that would fit so well. Then I visited a couple other blogs to see their "V" and saw they already posted "W" for water. I just have to be different, what can I say?

The five following photographs were taken March 8th this year when my Mom and I took a drive to Salmon Arm, a town on the Shuswap Lake (British Columbia, Canada). Since this area of the lake was still frozen, they are Winter photos... and we walked out on the Warf.

W is for Winter Warf Walking


In the summer, there are a LOT of houseboats here.


In summer, they sell really wonderful hard ice cream in this little red hut. There's other things too, but I don't care about anything other than the ice cream, haha.
Happy "W" to you all. See you for "X"!


6 comments:

Melli said...

Yea! I like to walk wharf's in winter too! The water beneath my wharf does not freeze over though... it's STILL the Chesapeake Bay and always in motion! These are very nice shots!

Baba said...

Good morning Alice, You have such breathtaking photos...and live in a beautiful place.Thanks for your visit to my place today.I need to get out and travel to such great places as yours..Have a good day, Baba

Dr.John said...

Great W pictures. I wouldn't mind some of that ice cream.

Karen Coutu said...

I really like the second one with the mountains in the background. Great winter photos!!

Gattina said...

What a beautiful landscape !!

Anonymous said...

Winter Wharf Walking by the WATER!

Great photos. I especially like the first one.